Head of SRE
Berlin, Noida & Paris /
Tech – Backend /
Sendinblue is the European leader in digital marketing software. We are a complete Sales & Marketing toolbox: email, SMS, Facebook ads, chat, CRM, and more in one single SaaS platform. Our mission is to empower all companies with the tools they need to build stronger customer relationships and grow their business through meaningful interactions.
We have a team of 400 employees representing over 40 nationalities spread across five offices located in Paris, Berlin, Delhi, Seattle and Toronto.
We’re looking for a Head of SRE who will contribute to deliver on product & services responsible for Sendinblue’s platform resilience by working directly with our CTO and a team of SRE. The role is located in Berlin, Noida or Paris.
- Own the reliability, availability and performance of mission critical services & products, keeping SLOs for Sendinblue’s revenue critical systems
- Build automation and reduce toil, improve tooling and make data driven decisions
- Lead by example, care for the team, and establish credibility with the quality of the team's technical execution & ownership
- Manage on-call rotations, sustainable incident response, blameless postmortems & production improvements
- Design, write, and deliver software to improve the reliability, availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Sendinblue's services
- Build a culture of technical excellence: exceptional testing, automated end-to-end testing, shadow deploys, game days, and high observability
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards, and to cultivate innovation and collaboration across multiple teams
- Enable proactively Sendinblue's growth
- Define SLOs together with other stakeholders and implement SLIs
- At least 5+ years of experience working as a SRE
- Autonomy, excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal and motivational skills, with the ability to move cleanly from theoretical to implementation thinking
- You want to iterate quickly and safely on high scale systems
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Experience in production with running large distributed systems
- Experience in at least two of the following languages: NodeJS, GO, PHPExperience with APM, observability, monitoring and visualization
- Ability to pick up new technology concepts on the fly and discuss with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge in CI/CD, MongoDB, Docker
- Highly positive attitude and ability to build conducive working relationships with colleagues from all levels
- Excellent English and strong experience in a multicultural environment and managing remote teams - another language will be appreciated such as Hindi, German or French.
Sendinblue puts diversity and inclusion at the heart of its values. We examine all applications with treatment based on equal skills and applying the principles of non-discrimination.