Senior Database Reliability Engineer
Noida, India /
Technical – Infra/DevOps /
Sendinblue is the European leader in digital marketing software. We are a complete Sales & Marketing toolbox: email, SMS, Facebook ads, chat, CRM, and more in one single SaaS platform. Our mission is to empower all companies with the tools they need to build stronger customer relationships and grow their business through meaningful interactions.
We have a team of more than 500 employees representing over 67 nationalities spread across seven offices located in Paris, Berlin, Sofia, Delhi, Bengaluru, Seattle and Toronto.
We’re looking for a Senior database reliability engineer to own projects related to our database systems, who will contribute defining the technical architecture and set up the processes (automated deployment, monitoring…) while working closely with the development, SRE, Infrastructure and DevOps teams. The role is located in Paris or Noida.
The Infrastructure, DBRE and DevOps team of 20 people across 3 of our offices is responsible for building and maintaining the whole infrastructure, scaling the platform and ensuring its stability and performance, as well as building the good practices and the tools to ensure the fastest delivery, while maintaining the highest quality standard.
You will be working in the database team composed of 2 people at the moment and reporting to the Global Head of Platform.
- Able to create and push innovative solutions in order to keep Sendinblue databases at the top of the database ecosystem
- Monitor, automate, design, build and run infrastructure architectures optimized for performance, reliability, scalability, security, cost and most importantly customer satisfaction
- Jump into a critical project and be able to unblock any situation (on-call, day run, production issues...)
- Master and operate all our databases (ClickHouse, MongoDB, MySQL, BigQuery, Bigtables...) that feed all our applications for different purposes (events and data pipelines, emailing template and many more...) and ensure their high availability, performance and monitoring
- Lead and federate people across multiple teams around projects related with databases
- Contribute to the technical roadmap of our platform
- Share experience and knowledge to team members by giving workshops sessions and training sessions in order to make them grow
- Implement and maintain the industry's best practices and fine tuning for optimum performance.
- Willing to document the technical aspect of database design/project specifications
- +17: MongoDB clusters (~400 servers)
- +150M: the number of emails delivered per day
- +200M: the number of http requests received in 1 day
- +500TB: the volume of data served (http) every month
- ~500 servers and ~150 cloud instances (GCP and AWS)
- 20K : the number of messages exchanged on the platform every second
- 5: our points of presence in the world
- 99.98% the uptime of our API over the last 6 months
Our technical stack
- Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Rancher, RabbitMQ, Docker, Envoy, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Golang, Kafka, Nginx, HAProxy, Clickhouse, Redis cluster & sentinel, DataDog, Zookeeper
- At least 6+ years experience working as DBA or/and DevOps with a particular focus on databases
- At least 3+ years of experience on the same position and with NoSQL databases
- Experience in system administration, networking, cloud computing and automation
- Ability to pick up new technology concepts on the fly and discuss with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge in NoSQL databases
- Highly positive attitude and ability to build conducive working relationships with colleagues from all levels
- Excellent English and strong experience in a multicultural environment - another language will be appreciated such as Hindi, German or French
- A unique opportunity to join an international and collaborative startup environment in a hyper-growth context
- We value work-life balance and offer flexible working hours with strict 5 days working and remote work up to 3 days a week in a normal healthy scenario.
- The chance to grow your professional and technical skills, with real room for career progression
- A modern office in a central location with free fruits & drinks & lot of fun activities
- Amazing referral program where employees can choose a gift item of 1.5 Lac including bike, flight tickets, and many more..
- 1.4x times salary if you're working on any week off or holiday due to critical tasks/issues.
- An umbrella of leaves and holidays
- Free cab facility for all employees
- Medical insurance
- Wellness benefit fund up to 100 euro in a year to each employee
- Budget to support your workspace at home
- Covid Care Program where the employee can ask for vaccine reimbursement, covid related medical reimbursement up to 1Lac, 14 days paid leaves, one day extra paid leave for vaccination.
- An employee-friendly compensation structure that includes Tax saving optional components where the employee can save extra tax.
- Bi-annual global company offsite; inter-office trips (when the current sanitary situation permits)
- Virtual Festival & Birthday celebration, Team parties, & team-building outings.
Sendinblue puts diversity and inclusion at the heart of its values. We examine all applications with treatment based on equal skills and applying the principles of non-discrimination.