Senior Software Engineer
Paris, France /
Tech – Backend /
Sendinblue is the European leader in digital marketing software. We are a complete Sales & Marketing toolbox: email, SMS, Facebook ads, chat, CRM, and more in one single SaaS platform. Our mission is to empower all companies with the tools they need to build stronger customer relationships and grow their business through meaningful interactions.
We have a team of more than 350 employees representing over 40 nationalities spread across five offices located in Paris, Berlin, Delhi, Seattle and Toronto.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer, who will contribute to build the infrastructure vision and strategy to help the company to scale up by working directly with our CTO and address a wide range of topics in all of our product verticals. The role is located in Paris.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions.
- Proactively and reactively identify, triage and address issues or areas of improvement across the board.
- Work with the team in feature team mode, respecting the methods and best practices defined together, based on the best standards.
- Collaborate with other teams such as Product Development team, QA, DevOps, Architecture, Product team, Support, etc.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- At least 5+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer.
- Autonomy, excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal and motivational skills, with the ability to move cleanly from theoretical to implementation thinking.
- You want to iterate quickly and safely on high scale systems.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Experience in production with running large distributed systems.
- Experience in at least two of the following languages: GO, PHP, NodeJS.
- Ability to pick up new technology concepts on the fly and discuss with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge in CI/CD, MongoDB, Docker.
- Highly positive attitude and ability to build conducive working relationships with colleagues from all levels.
- Excellent English and strong experience in a multicultural environment and managing remote teams - another language will be appreciated such as Hindi, German or French.
Sendinblue puts diversity and inclusion at the heart of its values. We examine all applications (including those from people with disabilities) with treatment based on equal skills and applying the principles of non-discrimination.