Lead Backend- PHP
Noida, India /
Tech – Backend /
Sendinblue is the European leader in digital marketing software. We are a complete Sales & Marketing toolbox: email, SMS, Facebook ads, chat, CRM, and more in one single SaaS platform. Our mission is to empower all companies with the tools they need to build stronger customer relationships and grow their business through meaningful interactions.
We have a team of 420 employees representing over 40 nationalities spread across six offices located in Paris, Berlin, Sofia, Delhi, Seattle and Toronto.
At Sendinblue, we build the next-generation marketing software that's changing the lives of thousands of companies, empowering them to grow their businesses. We believe that the only limit is the creativity of our clients. We have very fast growth and we plan to multiply our revenue by 5 in the next 3 years. This brings us a lot of technical passionate challenges. We are sending 2B emails per month and the scalability of our product is key.
We’re looking for a PHP Lead who can meet these challenges with passion and creativity.
- Lead a small team of 3-5 engineers.
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies and facilitates all agile ceremonies within the team.
- Strong knowledge of at least 1 monitoring tool like Datadog, NewRelic, Kibana, etc.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment.
- Collaborate with other teams such as the Product Development team, QA, DevOps, SRE, Product team, Support, etc.
- Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Troubleshoot, test, and maintain the core product and database to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Proactively and reactively identify, triage, and address issues or areas of improvement across the board.
- Work in a cross-functional team, respecting the methods and best practices defined together, based on the best standards.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Consistent in monitoring, documentation, preparation of technical task backlog, and optimizations.
- Involves in setting the standards, best practices, technical advice on critical situations, consistently proposing good alternate approaches.
- Proactively identify and clean up technical debts (or raise) before it turns into a long-term problem, and encourage this culture across teams.
- At least 5+ years of experience working as a Lead.
- Excellent knowledge of PHP, experience with one of the following frameworks is a plus: Laravel, Symfony.
- Excellent knowledge of MongoDB or other NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge in Caching and Rabbit or Kafka is a plus.
- Autonomy, excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills can move cleanly from theoretical to implementation thinking.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Experience in production with running large distributed systems. Ability to pick up new technology concepts on the fly and discuss with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Highly positive attitude and ability to build conducive working relationships with colleagues from all levels.
- Great compensation package.
- Good work-life balance, occasional work from home.
- Tangible career development possibilities as we grow strong Excellent private health care covered by 70% by the company.
- Paternity leave/second parent leave: 1 month of leave fully paid.
- Annual company offsite & inter-office trip.
- Free fruits & snacks, tea & coffee.
Sendinblue puts diversity and inclusion at the heart of its values. We examine all applications with treatment based on equal skills and applying the principles of non-discrimination.