Senior Database Reliability Engineer
Paris, France /
Technical – Infra/DevOps /
Sendinblue is the European leader in digital marketing software. We are a complete Sales & Marketing toolbox: email, SMS, Facebook ads, chat, CRM, and more in one single SaaS platform. Our mission is to empower all companies with the tools they need to build stronger customer relationships and grow their business through meaningful interactions.
We have a team of 500 employees representing over 67 nationalities spread across seven offices located in Paris, Berlin, Sofia, Delhi, Bengaluru, Seattle and Toronto.
We’re looking for a Senior database reliability engineer to own projects related to our database systems, who will contribute defining the technical architecture and set up the processes (automated deployment, monitoring…) while working closely with the development, SRE, Infrastructure and DevOps teams. The role is located in Paris or Noida.
The Infrastructure, DBRE and DevOps team of 20 people across 3 of our offices is responsible for building and maintaining the whole infrastructure, scaling the platform and ensuring its stability and performance, as well as building the good practices and the tools to ensure the fastest delivery, while maintaining the highest quality standard.
You will be working in the database team composed of 2 people at the moment and reporting to the Global Head of Platform.
- Able to create and push innovative solutions in order to keep Sendinblue databases at the top of the database ecosystem
- Monitor, automate, design, build and run infrastructure architectures optimized for performance, reliability, scalability, security, cost and most importantly customer satisfaction
- Jump into a critical project and be able to unblock any situation (on-call, day run, production issues...)
- Master and operate all our databases (ClickHouse, MongoDB, MySQL, BigQuery, Bigtables...) that feed all our applications for different purposes (events and data pipelines, emailing template and many more...) and ensure their high availability, performance and monitoring
- Lead and federate people across multiple teams around projects related with databases
- Contribute to the technical roadmap of our platform
- Share experience and knowledge to team members by giving workshops sessions and training sessions in order to make them grow
- Implement and maintain the industry's best practices and fine tuning for optimum performance.
- Willing to document the technical aspect of database design/project specifications
- +17: MongoDB clusters (~400 servers)
- +150M: the number of emails delivered per day
- +200M: the number of http requests received in 1 day
- +500TB: the volume of data served (http) every month
- ~500 servers and ~150 cloud instances (GCP and AWS)
- 20K : the number of messages exchanged on the platform every second
- 5: our points of presence in the world
- 99.98% the uptime of our API over the last 6 months
Our technical stack
- Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Rancher, RabbitMQ, Docker, Envoy, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Golang, Kafka, Nginx, HAProxy, Clickhouse, Redis cluster & sentinel, DataDog, Zookeeper
- At least 6+ years experience working as DBA or/and DevOps with a particular focus on databases
- At least 3+ years of experience on the same position and with NoSQL databases
- Experience in system administration, networking, cloud computing and automation
- Ability to pick up new technology concepts on the fly and discuss with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge in NoSQL databases
- Highly positive attitude and ability to build conducive working relationships with colleagues from all levels
- Excellent English and strong experience in a multicultural environment - another language will be appreciated such as Hindi, German or French
- A unique opportunity to join an international and collaborative scale up environment in a hyper-growth context
- We value work-life balance and offer flexible working hours and remote work up to 3 days a week
- The chance to grow your professional and technical skills, with real room for career progression
- Meal vouchers - Swile (8,5 € per day)
- Excellent private health care, of which 70% is covered by the company
- Bi-annual global company offsite; inter-office trips (when the current sanitary situation permits)
- More than 100 activities you can do at work via our partner Yuco
- Work's council benefits (HelloCSE)
- Very competitive referral program
- Second parent leave: 1 month of fully paid leave
- English and French classes, and over 155000 courses available on Udemy
- Budget to support your workspace at home
- A modern office in a central location with free fruits, drinks & lots of fun activities
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents
- ..and more!
Meet us !
- Video interview with our HR Team
- A first video interview with one of our Senior DBRE
- A fully remote exercise to evaluate your hard skills and understand how you think
- A video call with your future team members to discuss the exercise
- A last video interview with our Head of Platform
Sendinblue puts diversity and inclusion at the heart of its values. We examine all applications (including those from people with disabilities) with treatment based on equal skills and applying the principles of non-discrimination.