Paris, France /
Product – Product Research /
Sendinblue is the European leader in digital marketing software. We are a complete Sales & Marketing toolbox: email, SMS, Facebook ads, chat, CRM, and more in one single SaaS platform. Our mission is to empower all companies with the tools they need to build stronger customer relationships and grow their business through meaningful interactions.
We have a team of 420 employees representing over 40 nationalities spread across six offices located in Paris, Berlin, Sofia, Delhi, Seattle and Toronto.
As one of our Product UX Researchers, your primary responsibilities will include designing, conducting, analysing, and reporting on qualitative and quantitative user-centred design research projects using a variety of methods.
- Be an expert, helping develop the emerging UX research and insights practice within the Product team
- Serve as a member of the product design team, contributing practical knowledge and expertise in usability research
- Have a grasp of modern qualitative and quantitative research methods ranging from one-on-one interviews to unmoderated remote usability testing to leveraging web metrics/analytics
- Conduct research primarily virtually (supplemented by in-lab & in-field), and synthesise your work into product and business recommendations/opportunities
- Have an interest in/experience using product analytics as a tool for understanding user behaviour and generating design improvements
- Be a company-wide evangelist, coaching and supporting colleagues inside and outside of the product team to implement their own evaluative research
- Effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and across peer business units
- Solid experience in designing, conducting and summarising user research studies, testing and influencing user experience design on consumer-facing products
- A clear, demonstrable record of applying research skills to create practical business impact
- Experienced in one or more of the following research methods: moderated and unmoderated in-person and remote usability testing, ethnography, eye tracking, website intercepts, online surveys, card sorting, a/b and multivariate testing, in-depth interviews, focus groups, and hierarchy testing, heuristic / expert evaluations and/or in-field research
- Effective verbal and written communication style distilling complex multi-method research reports into understandable, compelling, and actionable insights
- Degree or advanced certification in research-centred discipline including Human-computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology or equivalent professional experience
- Experience working in a global, international context performing qualitative research supporting enterprise or multi-channel service design/product development would be considered an asset
- A unique opportunity to join an international and collaborative startup environment in a hyper-growth context
- We value work-life balance and offer flexible working hours and remote work up to 2 days a week
- The chance to grow your professional and technical skills, with real room for career progression
- Meal vouchers - Swile (8,5 € per day)
- Excellent private health care, of which 70% is covered by the company
- Bi-annual global company offsite; inter-office trips (when the current sanitary situation permits)
- 50% Reimbursement of Navigo or bicycle mileage reimbursement
- More than 100 activities you can do at work via our partner Yuco
- Paternity leave/second parent leave: 1 month of fully paid leave
- English and French classes
- A modern office in a central location with free fruits, drinks & lots of fun activities
Sendinblue puts diversity and inclusion at the heart of its values. We examine all applications (including those from people with disabilities) with treatment based on equal skills and applying the principles of non-discrimination.