Data Engineer (Hybrid Remote Policy)
Paris, France /
Technical – Data /
Sendinblue is the European leader in digital marketing software. We are a complete Sales & Marketing toolbox: email, SMS, Facebook ads, chat, CRM, and more in one single SaaS platform. Our mission is to empower all companies with the tools they need to build stronger customer relationships and grow their business through meaningful interactions.
We have a team of more than 600 employees representing over 67 nationalities spread across seven offices located in Paris, Berlin, Sofia, Noida, Bengaluru, Seattle and Toronto.
Sendinblue has a strong data culture and deals with billions of events each month.
The Data team is composed of 9 people (Data Analysts, Data Engineers & Data Scientists) and has 3 missions:
- Ingestion and formatting of data in real time and in batch, coming from partners or other data sources, with different constraints.
- Make the data accessible to everyone at Sendinblue
- Automation of data aggregations and analyzes
The team is currently looking for a Data Engineer in Paris. You will report directly to our Lead Data Engineer and will work within an international team.
- Build and maintain data pipelines like Apache Beam, Meltano, etc
- Construct and lead data architecture vision of Sendinblue
- Increase the reliability of existing and future data jobs through testing, containerization, orchestration and monitoring
- Improve the data quality through automated data quality monitoring
- Improve the data team infrastructure
- Contribute to data modeling and architecture during the conception and development of new projects
- Collaborate with all the teams: product, customer care, finance, marketing, corporate, sales, developers, Devops
- Have a “Data as a Service” approach to let everyone leverage the data
Our technical stack : Python, Airflow/Composer, DBT, Apache Beam, Google Cloud (Cloud function, BigQuery, GCS), MongoDB, Meltano, Terraform
- Excellent educational background with a Master degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Data Science, Engineering
- 1 to 5 years of experience in data engineering working on a large Python stack (experience with Java is a plus)
- Advanced knowledge in SQL, ETL coding, data storage tools in cloud
- You have experience working with Google Cloud Platform (Bigquery, Cloud function, GKE, GCS, Dataflow), setting up CI/CD pipelines, working with microservices and Kubernetes and know or want to learn Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform
- You love making clean code and you are interested in having successful software engineering practices (Unit tests, pair programming, code reviews).
- You are willing to learn data engineering concepts, tools and frameworks (Apache Beam, Apache Airflow, dbt)
- Experience working with development workflow
- Ability to defined business questions and translate them into clearly defined technical/data specifications : effective communication with business & technical teams
- Excellent English and experience in a multicultural environment - another language will be appreciated such as French
- A unique opportunity to join an international and collaborative scale-up environment in a hyper-growth context
- The chance to grow your professional and technical skills, with real room for career progression
- SIBOP: all Sendinblue employees are granted our shared ownership plan - the more Sendinblue will be evaluated, the more you will get
- Meal vouchers - Swile (12,5 € per day)
- Excellent private health care, of which 70% is covered by the company
- Bi-annual global company offsite; inter-office trips (when the current sanitary situation permits)
- Sports activities
- Work's council benefits (HelloCSE)
- Very competitive referral program
- The second parent leave: 1 month of fully paid leave
- English and French classes, and over 155000 courses available on Udemy
- Budget to support your workspace at home
- A modern office in a central location with free fruits, drinks & lots of fun activities
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents
- A first video interview with our HR Team
- A second technical video interview with our Lead Data Engineers
- A last video interview with some of our team members
While we know things are a not that good these days because of COVID-19, we are still looking for great candidates to join our amazing team. Our recruiting process will remain virtual (Hangout, Zoom) to provide a safe experience.
Timeline and details of the hiring process will be shared by the TA team during the first call.
Sendinblue puts diversity and inclusion at the heart of its values. We examine all applications with treatment based on equal skills and applying the principles of non-discrimination.
Sendinblue values work-life balance and offers flexible working hours and remote work. The majority of our teams will be working mostly remote and others will follow a hybrid model depending upon the nature of the job. This policy is based on a mutual understanding between Head of, Managers and Team Members.