Information Security Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Who We Are:
Sendoso is where you go to build something bigger than yourself. We’re a Series B company with $54M in venture capital, more than 500 customers and 15,000 active users, and multiple revenue streams. Our company is on an unprecedented growth trajectory and we’re looking for people who want to do great things.
Ranked #1 on software review sites like G2, Sendoso helps companies stand out by giving them meaningful, new ways to engage with their buyers and customers. Our award-winning Sending Platform connects online and offline experiences via cloud software, automation, and real-world logistics—a feat that few companies have achieved.
And we believe that relationships matter, so we’re on a mission to create more human connections in a digital world. If you’re ready to seize tremendous opportunity, take ownership, and do meaningful work that moves the needle, you’re in the right place.
About Your Role:
As an Information Security Engineer at Sendoso, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and monitoring of a wide variety of security tools and applications that support the overall Information Security program. This is a technical, hands-on position role. You will help with infrastructure and application security, identity and access management, governance and controls and Sendoso’s overall security posture.
Who You Are:
- Technical knowledge across all security domains to respond to customer architectural and operational queries
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous engagements, outstanding attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience with written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision; ability to adapt to a rapidly evolving business
Your Typical Day:
- Monitor security information in a global environment, identifying threats, and taking actions on alerts
- Investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis of exploits
- Identify opportunities for implementing additional technology controls to create more visibility or defend key points of attack
- Engage with partners in engineering, IT, and operations to respond to and remediate events
- Assess and resolve current and prospective customers’ security and/or compliance requests.
- Assist with the development of processes, procedures, and run-books to improve incident response times, analysis of incidents, and overall security operations functions
- Support penetration testing and vulnerability initiatives throughout the organization
- Create incident reporting detailing incident events and lead post-mortem reviews
- Maintain and report key security metrics
- 2-5 years of experience in information security risk, governance or compliance, preferably in the SaaS space
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, Engineering, MIS, a related field or equivalent work experience
- Industry recognized professional certification(s) such as CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, OSCP
Bonus Points If...
- Experience working with incident response and vulnerability management teams
- Red team experience or experience working alongside red teams to remediate vulnerabilities and shape security strategy
- Experience with network, SIEM, endpoint and cloud security tools
- Experience with security automation methodologies and solutions
What You'll Love:
- Comprehensive Medical Plans plans - we've got you covered
- Take-What-You-Need Time Off
- Vacation Bonuses 2X/Year
- 401K Plan
- FSA Plan
- Volunteer Time Off
- Birthday Time Off
- Catered Lunch & Breakfasts
- Team Outings
- Dog-Friendly Offices
- Collaborative Office Space
- ClassPass Membership Program
- Fully-Stocked Kitchen
Sendoso is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.