Front End Engineer
Engineering Design Product – Engineering /
Who we are, what we do
45 of the top 100 construction companies use Sensat to unlock the complexities of the physical world by digitising real-world locations.
These digital replicas are helping leading infrastructure companies, such as M25, Network Rail and HS2, analyse and understand project data to make smarter decisions on building and infrastructure requirements while also improving safety, cost-efficiency, project collaboration and reducing waste for a more sustainable built environment.
We’re committed to building a sustainable business that can help create a sustainable world.
Sensat has raised $20m+ in venture funding, was named in Sifted top 50 start ups in 2021 and Otta’s Rocket list for companies to accelerate your career. We’re financially secure and committed to creating career development opportunities for all our team members.
As a Frontend Developer you’ll be part of a team of innovators and technologists, creating novel solutions that improve the way users interact with 2D and 3D spatial data on cloud platforms.
Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting high standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements.
What you'll do
- Design and implement visual interfaces to interact with 2D and 3D representations of the physical world
- Help create an environment that turns 2D and 3D spatial data and questions into simple visual experiences.
- Build intuitive web interfaces to display dynamic information like sensor data and analytics
- Set the standards for frontend development in the team, in terms of code quality, automated testing, documentation.
What you'll bring
- Experience as a Frontend Developer building modular front-end commercial solutions, ideally with knowledge of Angular 8, Typescript, Node.js.
- Experience with test automation; unit testing, functional testing, A/B testing workflows.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, SCSS, advanced DOM manipulation, cross-browser and cross-device development.
- Experience with web-based 3D libraries like Three.JS and WebGL, and geospatial libraries such as OpenLayers and Leaflet is an added bonus.
- A passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well, with excellent coding practices and a keen eye for detail.
- Strong desire to learn and share knowledge with others.
What we bring
- 30 days holiday per year (not including bank holidays)
- Work from Anywhere
- The tools to do your role (laptop etc)£500 per year personal training budget
- Unlimited access to all of Udemy’s content
- Bespoke training and development opportunities
- Regular in person social activities
Sensat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.