Sales Development Representative
Sales – Business Development /
Who we are, what we do
45 of the top 100 construction companies use Sensat to unlock the complexities of the physical world by digitising real-world locations.
These digital replicas are helping leading infrastructure companies, such as M25, Network Rail and HS2, analyse and understand project data to make smarter decisions on building and infrastructure requirements while also improving safety, cost-efficiency, project collaboration and reducing waste for a more sustainable built environment.
We’re committed to building a sustainable business that can help create a sustainable world.
Sensat has raised $20m+ in venture funding, was named in Sifted top 50 start ups in 2021 and Otta’s Rocket list for companies to accelerate your career. We’re financially secure and committed to creating career development opportunities for all our team members.
This role is crucial to the growth of our commercial function, acting as the first point of contact for all commercial conversations, excite and qualify prospects with a high degree of professionalism. This is a truly exciting opportunity to craft your future in a commercial team that is destined for greatness on board the rocket ship that is Sensat.
What you'll be doing:
- Targeting new customers/logos to generate qualified leads
- Mapping sectors and projects to understand critical stakeholders
- Working with the wider commercial team to implement proven, scalable outreach solutions and strategies
- Providing a first line of intelligence with client communication, what they see as the future of construction, researching new and innovative ways for Sensat to standout through client interaction
- Creating a network of high value prospects for the commercial team to work with on a regular basis
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects and determine the next steps for each prospect moving forward
- Being part of the commercial team, bringing innovative lead generation ideas to each weekly meeting
What you'll bring:
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and oral
- A constant hunger and desire to meet and exceed targets at all times, with a positive can do mentality
- Working knowledge of the enterprise software market or the ability to learn new software quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work solo as well as being a productive team member, making outbound calls every day
- Have a strong work ethic and are eager to learn and make new connections with prospects
- Have experience using LinkedIn Sales Navigator and Hubspot or other similar prospecting applications while keeping track of dead-end leads
- Must be an excellent problem-solver and willing to collaborate in an exceedingly competitive environment
- You have a passion for complex market and stakeholder research and focusing on continued learning and improvement
- Thorough understanding of commercial awareness and brand recognition to successfully establish rapport with prospects
What we'll provide:
- 30 days holiday per year (not including bank holidays)
- Work from Anywhere
- The tools to do your role (laptop etc)
- £500 per year personal training budget
- Unlimited access to all of Udemy’s content
- Bespoke training and development opportunities
- Regular in person social activities
Sensat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.