Manager, Full Stack Team (remote)
Santa Monica, California /
Who we are
We work at the intersection of deep technology, science and experience design. Sensible is built to help consumers and businesses understand, plan for, and mitigate all types of climate and weather risk, from travel and events to homeownership and energy production. Our first product embeds with travel and outdoor events partners, offering their customers a guarantee against the weather. This means a customer can have confidence that they will have a great time in the sun, otherwise they'll get money back!
We recognize that we're living in a world with more climate disruption than ever before. We also believe that it is one of unprecedented opportunity for solutions.
With rich data from satellites and other developing technologies, we have the right information, engineering and technology to help us relate to our environment with a new kind of awareness and understanding.
Sensible is a team built on trust, feedback, and communication. We recognize that diversity of background, skills, and experiences makes stronger teams, and we are therefore an equal opportunity employer.
What you’ll be doing As a manager of the frontend team you will work with our talented frontend engineers - helping them to grow, motivating them, providing feedback on technical choices, and creating processes that best support the team. You will work closely with product and other leaders to make sure we are building the best features for our customers and partners. Our partners trust us to create first rate experiences for their customers and we want to create a red carpet experience for our customers. All of this requires beautiful, easy to use frontends. In addition, you will be able to grow your team: finding and hiring great engineers.
Requirements If you are an empathetic leader with at least one year of management experience and working knowledge of front end systems you might be a great fit! We are seeking a manager who sees the nuance in things and strives to understand the whys behind all things: process, feedback, product vision, human behavior. If you understand that there is not one size fits all solution to management. If finding tailored solutions and getting to know your developers excites you then we want to hear from you.
What you will be doing:
- Provide tailored feedback and growth opportunities for engineers
- Evaluate existing and create new processes to help the team execute high quality work with a low amount of friction and high amount of collaboration
- Understand strategic company decisions - communicate them to your team and help make sure work is driving towards the broader goals.
- Provide feedback and guidance on technical designs, discussions, and PRs
- 1-5 years of management experience of a frontend or product focused team
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
- A growth mindset for yourself and belief in others
- A desire to work on a product that delivers real value to people
- A strong, results-driven work ethic