Business Development Manager, Golf & Sports Partnerships (Remote)
United States /
Who we are
Sensible is built to help consumers and businesses understand, plan for, and mitigate all types of climate and weather risk. We work at the intersection of deep technology, science and experience design. Our first product embeds with travel and outdoor events partners, offering their customers a guarantee against bad weather. This means a customer can have confidence that they will have a great time in the sun. If not, they get their money back!
We recognize that we're living in a world with more climate disruption than ever before. We also believe that it is one of unprecedented opportunity for solutions.
With rich data from satellites and other developing technologies, we have the right information, engineering, and technology to help us relate to our environment with a new kind of awareness and understanding.
Sensible is a team built on trust, feedback, and communication. We recognize that diversity of background, skills, and experiences makes stronger teams. We are, therefore, an equal opportunity employer.
What you'll be working on
As Business Development Manager, you will own Sensible’s growing portfolio of live sports and entertainment partnerships. This role requires the sales skills required to close new partnerships as well as a consultative growth mindset needed to drive partner success over time.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic, tech-savvy relationship-focused sales leader with proven ability to close new commercial partnerships and refine operational processes to ensure partner success as well as reduction of sales cycles and improved accuracy of revenue forecasting over time.
This role requires experience operating on the front-line, and comfort operating at multiple levels of seniority to develop strategic relationships with sports teams, golf course operators and management companies, live entertainment venues, and event ticketing platforms. Deep knowledge of e-commerce business models and comfort in a technical environment is essential.
- Build and nurture positive relationships with prospective golf industry, live sports, and event ticketing partners, applying a consultative approach to finding solutions for complex, multi-stakeholder businesses
- Engage interested leads by qualifying referrals and scheduling discovery meetings and delivering sales presentations to relevant stakeholders
- Advance partner leads from initial discovery calls through launch, by introducing Sensible’s products to relevant contacts within target partner organizations, designing proposals that align Sensible’s value props with partners business goals, negotiating partner agreements, and overseeing new partner onboarding
- Report against quarterly revenue goals based on new partner acquisition and existing partner growth
- Ensure excellent service and communication from Sensible to our partners; ensure excellent representation of our partners to our internal teams
- Collaborate with internal product and marketing teams to highlight existing partner implementations and communicate case studies to new partner targets
- Suggest and implement actions to improve sales & marketing performance to grow golf partner and live sports ticketing revenue
- Document sales activities in Sensible’s CRM database
- Implement marketing strategies to grow partnerships
- Domestic travel to meet with partners and attend relevant industry events
- 4-6 years in Business Development, Sales, and/or account management (golf, live sports, or online ticketing industry experience a plus)
- Outstanding communication and effective presentations skills needed to represent Sensible at a senior level to prospective enterprise merchant partners as well as provide detailed feedback from partners back to internal cross-functional teams to drive initiatives forward
- Understanding of or experience with APIs and enterprise software solutions that empower online hospitality and ticketing businesses
- Communication & Relationships: Highly developed social skills and ability to establish relationships both internally and with C-level decision makers at our merchants, in both video and phone communications
- Analytical: Understands P&L and quantitative levers used by merchants partner as well as key indicators that drive sales performance and quickly identify roadblocks and remove them
- Outgoing teammate who enjoys working cross-functionally and establishing links within the organization
- Proactive Leadership: Seeks out new opportunities, drives projects, and navigates ambiguity
- A strong belief in Sensible’s value propositions, mission, and team values
Nice to Haves
- Background in SaaS or fintech
- PGA Member with relationships within the golf industry a plus