Senior Product Manager (remote)
Santa Monica, California /
Who we are
We work at the intersection of deep technology, science and experience design. Sensible is built to help consumers and businesses understand, plan for, and mitigate all types of climate and weather risk, from travel and events to homeownership and energy production. Our first product embeds with travel and outdoor events partners, offering their customers a guarantee against the weather. This means a customer can have confidence that they will have a great time in the sun, otherwise they'll get money back!
We recognize that we're living in a world with more climate disruption than ever before. We also believe that it is one of unprecedented opportunity for solutions.
With rich data from satellites and other developing technologies, we have the right information, engineering and technology to help us relate to our environment with a new kind of awareness and understanding.
Sensible is a team built on trust, feedback, and communication. We recognize that diversity of background, skills, and experiences makes stronger teams, and we are therefore an equal opportunity employer.
What you'll be working on
As the product manager you will be responsible for the performance of revenue driving products and working with a cross-functional internal team as well as our external partners.
Sensible is a data informed organization where we recognize the value in combined quantitative and qualitative decision making. You will be responsible for using data, design thinking, and research to validate business strategy as well as features.
You will craft a strategy, develop a roadmap, and prioritize and lead cross-functional projects aimed at results. You will be responsible for facilitating the team, building consensus and alignment, and driving towards successful outcomes for our users, our partners, and our business.
- An inherent understanding of user value and design thinking
- The ability to lead initiatives and cross functional teams towards results
- Deep experience running data informed experiments on consumer products with scale
- Strong written and verbal communication with the ability to lead a cross-functional team to results
- Consumer product experience (a plus if travel, ecomm, or fintech)
- Experience with multi-channel conversion design is a plus
- Familiarity with design thinking and user experience
- A results-driven mindset