Business Analyst (remote)
Santa Monica, California /
Who we are
We work at the intersection of deep technology, science and experience design. Sensible is built to help consumers and businesses understand, plan for, and mitigate all types of climate and weather risk, from travel and events to homeownership and energy production. Our first product embeds with travel and outdoor events partners, offering their customers a guarantee against the weather. This means a customer can have confidence that they will have a great time in the sun, otherwise they'll get money back!
We recognize that we're living in a world with more climate disruption than ever before. We also believe that it is one of unprecedented opportunity for solutions.
With rich data from satellites and other developing technologies, we have the right information, engineering and technology to help us relate to our environment with a new kind of awareness and understanding.
Sensible is a team built on trust, feedback, and communication. We recognize that diversity of background, skills, and experiences makes stronger teams, and we are therefore an equal opportunity employer.
What you'll be working on
Our first line of business is an embedded weather guarantee product that reimburses consumers when the weather negatively impacts their travel plans or outdoor experiences. Sensible is looking to expand our offerings to travel adjacent markets and beyond - we’re seeking an experienced Business Analyst to help define our strategy for growth by identifying and vetting market opportunities for new products.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (finance, economics, math, physics, engineering) and will have also worked as a management consultant or investor, or have a diverse set of industry experiences, ideally in startup environments. MBA a plus; experience in insurance is not required, but also a plus.
- Quantitative, analytic, and entrepreneurial mindset
- Curiosity about the inner workings of businesses with physical or financial climate risk
- Self-motivated; capable of researching and distilling complex information into concise deliverables
- An interest in new financial markets and products
- 3+ year experience in business consulting, financial analysis, and/or investing
- Coding ability in a statistical language like R or Python
- Experience in a weather-impacted industry
- A basic understanding of financial product regulation