(Senior) Software Engineer, Test
Engineering – Engineering /
Who You Are
You love breaking things and finding edge cases. You think about what could break, how things break, and why they break. You have a great eye for detail, meaning you can take one look at a webpage and quickly spot what’s wrong or doesn’t belong. You love not just running tests, but creating, writing, and automating tests as well. You enjoy start-to-finish ownership of test systems. You have a passion for data (data is central to our company after all), and you are comfortable querying databases.
Read more about some of our Technical challenges here (written by members of our engineering team):
Read more about our Engineering Culture here: https://www.keyvalues.com/sensor-tower
A Day in the Life:
Interviewee: Software Engineer - Sasha Elhovenko (Minsk)
What does your day to day look like working as a Software Engineer?
I work with tons of data and the volume of this data is constantly increasing. My job is to make sure our customers can access it as quickly as possible and provide them convenient tools for data consumption.
How do you collaborate with your team as a remote employee?
Sensor Tower has a great atmosphere of a distributed team. As a remote employee I don’t feel myself as a 3rd class citizen.
I like to pair with my colleagues remotely to combine our knowledge in order to get job done efficiently.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and technical leadership to develop and execute test plans and test cases across all functional areas of our products
- Determine what kinds of tests we should use, how to automate our tests, ensure the automated test infrastructure and process is reliable and consistent
- Increase test coverage and reliability
- Provide data and analytics on our tests (e.g. coverage percentage, speed of tests)
- Over time take charge of our entire testing system
What We’re Looking For
- We are looking for someone who is intellectually curious, proactive, and excited to identify and solve problems
- Passionate about software testing and quality assurance (QA)
- Strong command of code repo/test tools (specifically Jenkins, RSpec, and Mocha)
- Strong analytical skills to identify test plan automation possibilities
- The desire to lead the charge on all testing processes
- BS degree or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Preferred experience: Test Automation (1+ year); Testing (3+ years); Scripting (2+ years)
What We’d be Particularly Excited About
- Expertise in and/or passion for the mobile apps/gaming ecosystem
Why Join Sensor Tower?
- We were named one of the 50 Tech Companies to Know in 2020 by BuiltIn
- After seven years of building Sensor Tower off of $1MM (Seed, 2013), we're excited to announce our $45MM growth investment. Read more about it here, in the words of our co-founders.
- We have a birds-eye view of the entire mobile app ecosystem, and we keep our teams constantly abreast of the latest mobile app trends, news, and best practices.
- You align with our Core Values: Customer-Focused, Innovative, Continuously Learning, Action-Oriented, Respectful, Data & Metrics-Driven.
- We grant options to all of our employees because we recognize that everybody plays an integral role in our success; thus all employees should be invested in Sensor Tower (both figuratively and literally).
- We offer unlimited PTO, Health and Wellness stipends, flexible work hours, 401K, team trips (white water rafting, Hawaii, and weekend Tahoe mansion trips to name a few), and more
- Covid-19 Specific benefits: Stipend to set up your home office and/or gym, WiFi stipend, daily UberEats delivery stipend, and virtual team events
Sensor Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.