Senior Software Engineer, Data
San Francisco, California
You will help build the core technology and algorithms that drive the newest addition to our suite: Usage Intelligence. This position will have the opportunity to contribute greatly to both our company by producing quality actionable data that our users can derive insight from, as well as to your career - through the work you will do in this leading area of technology.
You have worked at a startup before, and are used to working in a fast paced environment and making a big impact on the projects you work on and lead.
If you're this purple squirrel we speak of - that has strong data science skills, even stronger coding skills and great product/business acumen, our co-founders are ready to talk.
Who We Are
Sensor Tower is the leading solution for mobile marketers, app developers, and industry analysts who demand superior competitive insights into the mobile market economy and are looking to increase app downloads through app store optimization.
We serve independent and Fortune 500 customers alike, spanning the mobile games, travel & hospitality, music, finance, and broadcast entertainment markets. Our suite of products consist of free, “SMB”, and Enterprise-tiered solutions including Store Intelligence, Usage Intelligence, Ad Intelligence, and App Intelligence.
We are a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco and was a member of AngelPad’s startup incubator program in 2013. Our insights are cited by the world’s leading news and finance publications, including the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg, CNBC, The Washington Post, and Reuters.
Read more about some of our Technical challenges here (written by members of our engineering team):
Read more about our Engineering Culture here: https://www.keyvalues.com/sensor-tower
- Execute on the development of data modeling algorithms with a focus on: analyzing large sets of data, building models, ensuring data accuracy, reliability and consistency.
- Developing, refining and bringing data models to production. This role will work on models that are consumed by our end users: you’re not building internal tools or one time reports, but working on the actual product that our users consume and rely on every day.
- Embrace a quick build, measure and iterate cycle to bring products to market and work alongside world class engineers, and data scientists.
- You have experience working on engineering, data analysis and data modelling problems at scale, and producing data models that drive meaningful business impact.
- You are comfortable and fluent with high level Math and Statistics concepts.
- You have experience designing and fine tuning algorithms. You are challenge driven and enjoy solving difficult problems while ensuring data accuracy.
- 4+ Years working and coding in a programing language like Python, Ruby, etc.
- BS or Advanced degree in CS or related field.
Why Join Sensor Tower?
- We were named one of the 50 Tech Companies to Know in 2020 by BuiltIn
- After seven years of building Sensor Tower off of $1MM (Seed, 2013), we're excited to announce our $45MM growth investment. Read more about it here, in the words of our co-founders.
- We have a birds-eye view of the entire mobile app ecosystem, and we keep our teams constantly abreast of the latest mobile app trends, news, and best practices.
- You align with our Core Values: Customer-Focused, Innovative, Continuously Learning, Action-Oriented, Respectful, Data & Metrics-Driven.
- We grant options to all of our employees because we recognize that everybody plays an integral role in our success; thus all employees should be invested in Sensor Tower (both figuratively and literally).
- We offer catered lunch and dinner everyday, unlimited PTO, opportunities to join corporate sports leagues, flexible work hours, 401K, Boba Fridays, Project Juice First Fridays, team trips (white water rafting, Hawaii, and weekend Tahoe mansion trips to name a few), and more
For more information about our Engineering team, please visit our Key Values profile.
Sensor Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.