Strategy Consultant, Finance
Los Angeles, California /
Sales – Account Management /
Who We Are:
Sensor Tower is the leading solution for mobile marketers, app developers, and industry analysts who demand superior competitive insights into the mobile market economy.
We serve independent and Fortune 500 customers alike, spanning the mobile games, travel & hospitality, music, finance, and broadcast entertainment markets. Our suite of products consist of free, “SMB”, and Enterprise-tiered solutions including Store Intelligence, Usage Intelligence, Ad Intelligence, and App Intelligence.
We are a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco and was a member of AngelPad’s startup incubator program in 2013. Our insights are cited by the world’s leading news and finance publications, including the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg, CNBC, The Washington Post, and Reuters.
Sensor Tower is looking for a Strategy Consultant to join our Financial Sales team. The primary objective of the role is to maintain and grow our partnerships with key accounts by providing analytical and consultative support. Sensor Tower Strategy Consultants enhance the overall value of our data sets by serving as a trusted resource to our Enterprise subscribers.
- 1-4 years of experience working at, or supporting, financial services institutions in a consultative or analytical role.
- BA or BS in a Finance, Accounting, and/or Economics major highly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience creating presentations and reports for executives and/or business decision-makers.
- Desire to interface directly with key accounts via phone, screen-share, and (hopefully someday, post-pandemic) in person.
- Ability to wear multiple hats and be a self-starter as needed in a fast-moving startup.
- Enjoy working in small, fast-paced teams where you can take initiative and accountability, and generate results every day.
- Proficiency in basic financial analysis, some experience working with data, and strong Excel skills.
Nice to Have
- Experience leading contract renewal and upsell discussions.
- Proven experience becoming an expert in a new domain (prior mobile, mobile gaming, and/or Enterprise tech domain knowledge is a plus).
- Passion for new technology and some working knowledge of key Internet and TMT companies (FB, SNAP, NFLX, TWTR, SPOT, ZNGA, ATVI, etc).
- Ability to identify product penetration opportunities within the managed customer base.
- Prior experience managing accounts and engaging with customers.
- Strong understanding and personal interest in equity investing, including the ability to review and analyze an earnings report.
- Help manage Sensor Tower’s relationship with clients in the financial services industry. The expectation is that over time this role will take lead on a book of accounts and field all inbound inquiries from them.
- Schedule regular calls and meetings to update clients on product changes, use cases, and data updates.
- Periodically create reports, presentations, webinars, and blog posts relating to the finance vertical, incorporating different methods of data analysis.
- Review and analyze public financial statements to better educate and communicate insights that are valuable to our finance customers.
- Lead renewal and up-sell discussions with existing finance customers.
- Work with cross-functional teams (data science and engineering) to continuously improve our product suite and data accuracy.
- Work alongside the internal financial sales team in data validation, creating sales pitch decks, fielding, and creating reports for customers as needed.
- Execute on other miscellaneous duties, as needed, while working collaborating with Sensor Tower’s Head of Finance to strategically grow the vertical (explore partnerships, attend industry events, speaking engagements, etc).
Why Join Sensor Tower?
We were named one of the 50 Tech Companies to Know in 2020 and Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021 by BuiltIn.
After seven years of building Sensor Tower off of $1MM (Seed, 2013), we're excited to announce our $45MM growth investment. Read more about it here, in the words of our co-founders.
We have a birds-eye view of the entire mobile app ecosystem, and we keep our teams constantly abreast of the latest mobile app trends, news, and best practices.
Sensor Tower's Core Values: Customer-Focused, Innovative, Continuously Learning, Action-Oriented, Respectful, Data & Metrics-Driven.
We grant options to all of our employees because we recognize that everybody plays an integral role in our success; thus all employees should be invested in Sensor Tower (both figuratively and literally).
We offer unlimited PTO, Health and Wellness stipends, flexible work hours, 401K, team trips (white water rafting, Hawaii, and weekend Tahoe mansion trips to name a few), and more.
Our Covid-19 Specific benefits include: Stipend to set up your home office and/or gym, WiFi stipend, daily UberEats delivery stipend, and virtual team events.
Sensor Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.