Product Owner, Mobile App Growth
Who We Are
Sensor Tower is the leading solution for mobile marketers, app developers, and industry analysts who demand superior competitive insights into the mobile market economy.
We serve independent and Fortune 500 customers alike, spanning the mobile games, travel & hospitality, music, finance, and broadcast entertainment markets. Our suite of products consists of free, “SMB”, and Enterprise-tiered solutions including Store Intelligence, Usage Intelligence, Ad Intelligence, and App Intelligence.
We are a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco. Our insights are cited by the world’s leading news and finance publications, including the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg, CNBC, The Washington Post, and Reuters.
Read more about some of our Technical challenges here (written by members of our engineering team):
Read more about our Engineering Culture here: https://www.keyvalues.com/sensor-tower
Who You Are
*Please note that Sensor Tower has both a B2B and B2C business. You will be working on our B2C mobile apps.
We hope you possess the core values of Sensor Tower to support us in our continued growth (listed below).
Data & Metrics-Driven: We believe that data and metrics are the foundation of building trust and making impactful decisions. As our Product Manager, Mobile App Growth, you’ll keep a close eye on our usage metrics (e.g. acquisition and retention) and ensure that product decisions and iterations are backed by metrics.
Customer Focused: Our business teams serve as the eyes and ears on behalf of our clients. As a Product Manager, you’ll play a critical role in being a bridge between our technical and business teams.
Innovative: As a Product Manager, you will stay on top of mobile app market trends and industry developments in order to ensure Sensor Tower continues to be one of the most leading-edge products.
Continuously Learning: We foster an environment that encourages curiosity and continuous development. As a Product Manager, you’ll encourage these traits in the teams with whom you work and the direction you drive this product.
Action-Oriented: As our Product Manager, Mobile App Growth, you will take ownership of product lifecycles and help turn ideas into shipped features and products that drive usage. You will think critically while encouraging and communicating deadlines and progress to cross-functional teams.
Respectful: While doing all of the above, the right Product Manager for us will foster an environment of collaboration and inclusiveness - where positivity, humility, and transparency are the norm.
- 3+ years experience in Product Management for mobile apps, with several life-cycles of launching and iterating on a portfolio of products
- Demonstrated ability to drive decisions by pulling and deeply analyzing data
- BS/BA in a technical or quantitative field strongly preferred
- Ability to clearly describe a product and its benefits to users
- Expertise and experience with the mobile apps ecosystem - including deep knowledge of how people use mobile apps and devices
- You know how to dramatically grow and retain a mobile app’s user-base
- You've run successful mobile app user acquisition (UA) campaigns
- You love to think about how each detail of a product (e.g. the description, interface, homepage) can impact user interaction
- You possess a metrics and data-driven outlook for prioritization and planning
- You geek out about product engagement, feature usage, conversion rates, funnels, etc.
- You know how to partner with developers and engineers to investigate and understand technical issues
- You enjoy working in lean, fast-paced teams where you can take the initiative and generate results every day
- Grow our user base by driving and monitoring user acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Keep track of the latest trends in user acquisition and growth, specifically in the mobile app market
- Maintain and update product roadmaps through collaboration with our co-founders and business teams
- Take ownership of projects - collaborating with our developers to understand the challenges of building features at all levels of the stack as needed
- Monitor user metrics, investigate anomalies (e.g. why usage might have dipped), and talk with our engineers to discover causation of said anomalies.
- Define and measure product improvement requirements: what is the fundamental problem for the user, how can we deliver a solution, and how do we measure the impact?
- Become an expert of our platform - understanding the ins and outs of our data collection methods, data science, APIs, and product features
- Work closely with our co-founders to proactively and continuously organize feedback throughout a product lifecycle
- Communicate and field questions regarding our products and product roadmaps from the business teams
Nice to Have
- Familiarity/experience with mobile app development
- Familiarity/experience with usage monitoring tools (i.e. Amplitude)
Why Join Sensor Tower?
- We were named one of the 50 Tech Companies to Know in 2020 by BuiltIn
- We have not raised any additional funding beyond our $1 million Seed round! Our continued success with no outside funding speaks to our product, market size, and most of all, our people.
- We have a birds-eye view of the entire mobile app ecosystem, and we keep our teams constantly abreast of the latest mobile app trends, news, and best practices.
- You align with our Core Values: Customer-Focused, Innovative, Continuously Learning, Action-Oriented, Respectful, Data & Metrics-Driven.
- We offer catered lunch and dinner everyday, unlimited PTO, opportunities to join corporate sports leagues, flexible work hours, 401K, Boba Fridays, Project Juice First Fridays, team trips (white water rafting, Hawaii, and weekend Tahoe mansion trips to name a few), and more
Sensor Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.