Full-Stack Software Engineer
Who We Are
Sensor Tower is the leading solution for mobile marketers, app developers, and industry analysts who demand superior competitive insights into the mobile market economy and are looking to increase app downloads through app store optimization.
We serve independent and Fortune 500 customers alike, spanning the mobile games, travel & hospitality, music, finance, and broadcast entertainment markets. Our suite of products consist of free, “SMB”, and Enterprise-tiered solutions including Store Intelligence, Usage Intelligence, Ad Intelligence, and App Intelligence.
We are a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco and was a member of AngelPad’s startup incubator program in 2013. Our insights are cited by the world’s leading news and finance publications, including the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg, CNBC, The Washington Post, and Reuters.
We feel confident that the type of challenges engineers will face here are in the top 5% percentile in difficulty. From efficiently scaling database operations to supporting the growing amount of data (tens of terabytes), we're looking for engineers that have the creativity and skills to gather meaningful data and insights.
You will leverage your high business and product acumen to implement customer-facing features that turn our data into meaningful and easy to use tools.
As an engineer at Sensor Tower, you will make sure we're building the best possible products and features to support our users. In our lean and flat organization, you will also have a meaningful say in what and how we build out all aspects of our product.
For more information about our Engineering team and what it is like working with them please visit our team page here.
- Participate in the full development life cycle, including design, coding, testing and production release
- Own the full stack for products you build, from database schemas and HTTP APIs to data visualization down to the minute CSS detail
- Cache, optimize and develop systems that can handle millions of operations
- Develop APIs for our mobile applications as well as dynamic front-end features
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer (If you have lesser years of experience but have meaningful github contributions and other coding samples, this will be taken into consideration)
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Solid understanding of RESTful systems and the principles of good API design
- Familiar with Rails, Go, MongoDB, KnockoutJS, ES6
- Experience leading projects or developing new products that deliver significant improvements in scale, features or reliability under little supervision
Why Join Sensor Tower?
- We were named one of the 50 Tech Companies to Know in 2020 by BuiltIn
- We have not raised any additional funding beyond our $1 million Seed round! Our continued success with no outside funding speaks to our product, market size, and most of all, our people.
- We have a birds-eye view of the entire mobile app ecosystem, and we keep our teams constantly abreast of the latest mobile app trends, news, and best practices.
- You align with our Core Values: Customer-Focused, Innovative, Continuously Learning, Action-Oriented, Respectful, Data & Metrics-Driven.
- We offer catered lunch and dinner everyday, unlimited PTO, opportunities to join corporate sports leagues, flexible work hours, 401K, Boba Fridays, Project Juice First Fridays, team trips (white water rafting, Hawaii, and weekend Tahoe mansion trips to name a few), and more
For more information about our Engineering team, please visit our Key Values profile.
Sensor Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.