Principal/Lead Back End Engineer (Remote)
Engineering – Engineering /
Quick Intro to Sensor Tower
Sensor Tower is a high-growth SaaS company that provides accurate, comprehensive, and customizable mobile market economy analytics to app developers, marketers, and industry analysts across gaming, travel & hospitality, music, finance, broadcast entertainment. We serve a wide range of clients from early-stage mobile innovators to industry-leading Fortune 500 companies.
As a high-integrity source of industry insight, Sensor Tower is regularly cited by the world’s leading news and finance publications, including the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg, CNBC, The Washington Post, and Reuters. After seven years of building Sensor Tower from a $1M seed investment, we received a $42M growth investment from Riverwood Capital in 2020!
Fulfil Your Potential With Us
Sensor Tower has a successful startup environment, so engineers can take advantage of working on a variety of projects, owning major features that impact customers, building new things, and productionizing the experimental code that has proven value.
We need engineers who have the creativity and skills to gather meaningful data and insights. In our lean and flat organisation, you will also have a meaningful say in what and how we build out all aspects of our product.
Unlike many startups, we have an eight-year track record of profitable, double-digit growth, so that financial stability allows engineers to focus on the interesting problems we’re solving rather than company viability. It also means we can invest in impactful ideas and quickly react to market changes.
- Participate in the full development life cycle, including design, implementation, quality testing, and release.
- Leverage your strengths and interests to work on full feature implementation from high-scale concurrent processes, to security and network traffic, to system development and services APIs.
- Develop and optimize high-performance data aggregation and analysis pipelines at scale.
- Gather test data, implement unit tests, develop integration tests, apply testing frameworks, and evaluate end-to-end outcomes.
- Minimize errors and repetitive human effort with automation.
- Mentor other engineers, perform code reviews, and suggest improvements to tools and processes.
- Work in close cooperation with the Product team to deliver innovative solutions, optimize the existing systems, and add new features.
- Join a growing global engineering team and use your technical skills to drive value and impact business decisions.
- Ruby on Rails: Popular and proven to help engineers build production systems quickly.
- Python: Effective choice for engineers and data scientists to implement models quickly.
- MongoDB: Fast, scalable, and efficient NoSQL database solution.
- Go: Highly performant for high-throughput, low-latency services.
Our Tech Stack
We have a principle-based approach to our tech stack. We choose tools and platforms that help engineers develop and test code quickly, and that we can support across the organization over the life of the product. Time to market is critical for our customers in this digital economy.
- 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design.
- Solid understanding of RESTful systems and the principles of good API design.
- Solid knowledge of one or more modern software languages (Go, Scala, Java, C++, C#, Ruby, Python).
- Interest in working in Sensor Tower Tech Stack.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- System software development.
- Mobile app development.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases.
- MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis.
- Microservices, Big Data.
- Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD.
Nice to have experience
Read more about some of our Technical challenges here (written by members of our engineering team):
We offer unique insights into the digital marketplace for mobile apps and app stores, consumer app usage, digital advertising, and brands with our recent acquisition of Pathmatics.
We serve small, independent and Fortune 1000 customers alike, spanning the mobile games, travel & hospitality, music, finance, CPG, and broadcast entertainment markets. We offer our suite of products on free, small-medium-size business, and enterprise tiers to make it accessible to the broadest range of customers.
We are cited by the world’s leading news and finance media: The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg, CNBC, The Washington Post, and Reuters.
What is it like working at Sensor Tower?
Sensor Tower’s flexible work environment allows employees to choose how much they want to work remotely or in an office. We offer flexible time off so employees can shape their time away from the office. Our model allows employees to live in greater connection with the people, traditions, places, and activities they love while contributing to their team!
Sensor Tower provides fair and competitive compensation packages that honor the investment our team members make each day. To support health and wellbeing, we offer industry-standard benefits and additional perks that our employees love. This includes stipends for office and/or gym setup, home internet, and daily meal delivery.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, and veteran status. In support of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need, please do not hesitate to let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.
Interested in learning more? Submit your info and let's get a conversation going!