Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
Engineering – Engineering /
From efficiently scaling database operations to supporting the growing amount of data (tens of terabytes), we're looking for engineers that have the creativity and skills to gather meaningful data and insights.
As an engineer at Sensor Tower, you will make sure we're building the best possible products and features to support our users. In our lean and flat organization, you will also have a meaningful say in what and how we build out all aspects of our product.
Read more about some of our Technical challenges here (written by members of our engineering team):
Read more about our Engineering Culture here: https://www.keyvalues.com/sensor-tower
A Day in the Life:
Interviewee: Software Engineer - Sasha Elhovenko (Minsk)
What does your day to day look like working as a Software Engineer?
I work with tons of data and the volume of this data is constantly increasing. My job is to make sure our customers can access it as quickly as possible and provide them convenient tools for data consumption.
How do you collaborate with your team as a remote employee?
Sensor Tower has a great atmosphere of a distributed team. As a remote employee I don’t feel myself as a 3rd class citizen. I like to pair with my colleagues remotely to combine our knowledge in order to get job done efficiently.
- Participate in the full development life cycle, including design, implementation, quality polish, and release
- Leverage your strengths and interests to work on full feature implementation from the front end, to the API, all the way to the back end
- Develop and optimize high performance data aggregation and analysis pipelines at scale
- Mentor other engineers, perform code reviews, and suggest improvements to tools and processes
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer (If you have lesser years of experience but have meaningful github contributions and other coding samples, this will be taken into consideration)
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Solid understanding of RESTful systems and the principles of good API design
- Required: Ruby on Rails
- Nice to have: MongoDB, KnockoutJS, ES6
- Ability to communicate (both oral and written) in English
Why Join Sensor Tower?
- We were named one of the 50 Tech Companies to Know in 2020 by BuiltIn.
- After seven years of building Sensor Tower off of $1MM (Seed, 2013), we're excited to announce our $45MM growth investment. Read more about it here, in the words of our co-founders.
- We have a birds-eye view of the entire mobile app ecosystem, and we keep our teams constantly abreast of the latest mobile app trends, news, and best practices.
- You align with our Core Values: Customer-Focused, Innovative, Continuously Learning, Action-Oriented, Respectful, Data & Metrics-Driven.
- We grant options to all of our employees because we recognize that everybody plays an integral role in our success; thus all employees should be invested in Sensor Tower (both figuratively and literally).
- We offer catered lunch and dinner everyday, unlimited PTO, opportunities to join corporate sports leagues, flexible work hours, 401K, Boba Fridays, Project Juice First Fridays, team trips (white water rafting, Hawaii, and weekend Tahoe mansion trips to name a few), and more
For more information about our Engineering team, please visit our Key Values profile.
Sensor Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.