Technical Product Manager
The ideal person for this role will understand how products are built, look under the hood to direct changes and suggestions, and communicate technical matters to non-technical members of our team.
Our co-founders have been the lead PMs thus far; but, as we scale, we are looking for Technical Product Managers to join us. Sensor Tower has a great foundation. We’re profitable, we have great Enterprise customers, and our data is trusted by everyone from financial institutions and top-tier publications to the most successful mobile app companies and brands.
We hope you possess the core values of Sensor Tower to support us in our continued growth (listed below).
Data & Metrics-Driven: We believe that data and metrics are the foundation of building trust and making impactful decisions. As a Product Manager, you’ll ensure that product decisions and iterations are backed by metrics.
Customer Focused: Our business teams serve as the eyes and ears on behalf of our clients. As a Product Manager, you’ll play a critical role in being a bridge between our technical and business teams.
Innovative: As a Product Manager, you will stay on top of mobile market trends, client use-cases, and industry developments in order to ensure Sensor Tower continues to be one of the most innovative products.
Continuously Learning: We foster an environment that encourages curiosity and continuous development. As our Product Manager, you’ll encourage these traits in the teams with whom you work and the direction you drive this product.
Action-Oriented: As a Product Manager, you will take ownership of product lifecycles and help turn ideas into shipped features and products. You will think critically while encouraging and communicating deadlines and progress to cross-functional teams.
Respectful: While doing all of the above, the right Product Manager for us will foster an environment of collaboration and inclusiveness - where positivity, humility and transparency are the norm.
- You possess a metrics and data-driven outlook for prioritization and planning
- You enjoy working in lean, fast-paced teams where you can take initiative and generate results every day
- You geek out about product engagement, feature usage, conversion rates, funnels, etc.
- You are able to understand and work toward north-star business impactful initiatives and measure the metrics along the way
- You love to think about how different products and features will affect our business
- You can read the underlying code and understand the technical decisions that went into it
- Performance and scalability are second nature to you, you understand infrastructure runtime/space/complexity requirements
- You are an expert on the SaaS ecosystem - understanding enterprise product requirements and advanced SaaS web interface decisions
- You give effective, high impact, and engaging presentations
Responsibilities (Technical Duties)
- Maintain and update product roadmaps through collaboration with our co-founders and business teams
- Take ownership of projects - leveraging coding knowledge to understand the challenges of building features at all levels of the stack as needed
- Define and measure product improvement requirements: what is the fundamental problem for the customer, how can we deliver it and how do we measure the impact?
- Become an expert of our platform - understanding the ins and outs of our data collection methods, data science, APIs, and product features
- Understand the various use-cases and end-users of our platform (ranging from Gaming and Financial Analysts to Performance Marketers, C-Suite executives, investors and more)
- Work closely with our co-founders to proactively and continuously organize feedback throughout a product lifecycle
- Bring your enthusiasm and passion to the table - to excite both our customers and internal team members about upcoming feature releases and the value these features’ can provide to end-users
- Take ownership of projects - building features at all levels of the stack as needed
Responsibilities (Non-Technical Duties)
- Communicate and field questions regarding our products and product roadmaps from the business teams
- Be the resident expert of new products and features - training folks to speak on our products and understand use cases
- Collaborate with our marketing and sales teams to ensure product launch announcements and pitch decks are planned and executed in a timely manner
- Join client/potential client calls, as needed, as the resident expert that can speak from a more technical perspective
Nice to Have
- Expertise and experience with the mobile apps/gaming ecosystem
- Experience interacting with C-level, VP and Sr. Director level clients
- Familiarity/experience with our Tech Stack (Ruby, MongoDB, Knockout.js, AWS)
For more information about our Engineering team, please visit our Key Values profile.
Sensor Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.