Test Automation Engineer
Who We Are
Sensor Tower is the leading solution for mobile marketers, app developers, and industry analysts who demand superior competitive insights into the mobile market economy.
We serve independent and Fortune 500 customers alike, spanning the mobile games, travel & hospitality, music, finance, and broadcast entertainment markets. Our suite of products consists of free, “SMB”, and Enterprise-tiered solutions including Store Intelligence, Usage Intelligence, Ad Intelligence, and App Intelligence.
We are a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco. Our insights are cited by the world’s leading news and finance publications, including the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg, CNBC, The Washington Post, and Reuters.
Who You Are
You love breaking things and finding edge cases. You think about what could break, how things break, and why they break. You have a great eye for detail, meaning you can take one look at a webpage and quickly spot what’s wrong or doesn’t belong. You love not just running tests, but creating, writing, and automating tests as well. You enjoy start-to-finish ownership of test systems. You have a passion for data (data is central to our company after all), and you are comfortable querying databases.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and technical leadership to develop and execute test plans and test cases across all functional areas of our products
- Determine what kinds of tests we should use, how to automate our tests, ensure the automated test infrastructure and process is reliable and consistent
- Increase test coverage and reliability
- Provide data and analytics on our tests (e.g. coverage percentage, speed of tests)
- Over time take charge of our entire testing system
What We’re Looking For
- We are looking for someone who is intellectually curious, proactive, and excited to identify and solve problems
- Passionate about software testing and quality assurance (QA)
- Strong command of code repo/test tools (specifically Jenkins, RSpec, and Mocha)
- Strong analytical skills to identify test plan automation possibilities
- The desire to lead the charge on all testing processes
- BS degree or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Preferred experience: Test Automation (1+ year); Testing (3+ years); Scripting (2+ years)
What We’d be Particularly Excited About
- Expertise in and/or passion for the mobile apps/gaming ecosystem
Sensor Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.