Technical Product Manager
Product – Product Management /
Who We Are:
Sensor Tower is the leading solution for mobile marketers, app developers, and industry analysts who demand superior competitive insights into the mobile market economy.
We serve independent and Fortune 500 customers alike, spanning the mobile games, travel & hospitality, music, finance, and broadcast entertainment markets. Our suite of products consist of free, “SMB”, and Enterprise-tiered solutions including Store Intelligence, Usage Intelligence, Ad Intelligence, and App Intelligence.
We are a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco and was a member of AngelPad’s startup incubator program in 2013. Our insights are cited by the world’s leading news and finance publications, including the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg, CNBC, The Washington Post, and Reuters.
The ideal person for this role will understand how products are built, look under the hood to direct changes and suggestions, and communicate technical matters to non-technical members of our team.
Our co-founders have been the lead PMs thus far; but, as we scale, we are looking for Technical Product Managers to join us. Sensor Tower has a great foundation. We’re profitable, we have great Enterprise customers, and our data is trusted by everyone from financial institutions and top-tier publications to the most successful mobile app companies and brands.
A Day in the Life:
Interviewee: Paul Conrad - Technical Product Manager (San Francisco)
What do you like about working as a Product Manager, and with the Sensor Tower team?
We’re always working on new products that are both technically interesting and can generate entirely new kinds of insights for our users. At the same time, we can make a huge impact by exploring new data visualizations and user experiences that leverage our existing data.
What made you want to work at Sensor Tower?
Sensor Tower has incredibly powerful data that measures the most interesting new dynamics in mobile software. For a PM focused on mobile, building products to make that data actionable is an opportunity that’s too exciting to pass up.
What does your day to day look like working as a Product Manager?
I spend my time talking with users, reviewing products in development, and designing new features. On a really good day, I also get to work with our Mobile Insights team to expose their research in the Sensor Tower product, or with the Business team to help understand new use cases.
- You have 3+ years of Product Management experience (preferably with a B2B and/or SaaS product)
- You possess a metrics and data-driven outlook for prioritization and planning
- You enjoy working in lean, fast-paced teams where you can take initiative and generate results every day
- You geek out about product engagement, feature usage, conversion rates, funnels, etc.
- You are able to understand and work toward north-star business impactful initiatives and measure the metrics along the way
- You love to think about how different products and features will affect our business
- You can read the underlying code and understand the technical decisions that went into it
- Performance and scalability are second nature to you, you understand infrastructure runtime/space/complexity requirements
- You give effective, high impact, and engaging presentations
Responsibilities (Technical Duties)
- Maintain and update product roadmaps through collaboration with our co-founders and business teams
- Take ownership of projects - leveraging coding knowledge to understand the challenges of building features at all levels of the stack as needed
- Define and measure product improvement requirements: what is the fundamental problem for the customer, how can we deliver it and how do we measure the impact?
- Become an expert of our platform - understanding the ins and outs of our data collection methods, data science, APIs, and product features
- Understand the various use-cases and end-users of our platform (ranging from Gaming and Financial Analysts to Performance Marketers, C-Suite executives, investors and more)
- Work closely with our co-founders to proactively and continuously organize feedback throughout a product lifecycle
- Bring your enthusiasm and passion to the table - to excite both our customers and internal team members about upcoming feature releases and the value these features’ can provide to end-users
- Take ownership of projects - building features at all levels of the stack as needed
Responsibilities (Non-Technical Duties)
- Communicate and field questions regarding our products and product roadmaps from the business teams
- Be the resident expert of new products and features - training folks to speak on our products and understand use cases
- Collaborate with our marketing and sales teams to ensure product launch announcements and pitch decks are planned and executed in a timely manner
- Join client/potential client calls, as needed, as the resident expert that can speak from a more technical perspective
Nice to Have
- You are an expert on the SaaS ecosystem - understanding enterprise product requirements and advanced SaaS web interface decisions
- Expertise and experience with the mobile apps/gaming ecosystem
- Experience interacting with C-level, VP and Sr. Director level clients
- Familiarity/experience with our Tech Stack (Ruby, MongoDB, Knockout.js, AWS)
Why Join Sensor Tower?
We were named one of the 50 Tech Companies to Know in 2020 and Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021 by BuiltIn.
After seven years of building Sensor Tower off of $1MM (Seed, 2013), we're excited to announce our $45MM growth investment. Read more about it here, in the words of our co-founders.
We have a birds-eye view of the entire mobile app ecosystem, and we keep our teams constantly abreast of the latest mobile app trends, news, and best practices.
Sensor Tower's Core Values: Customer-Focused, Innovative, Continuously Learning, Action-Oriented, Respectful, Data & Metrics-Driven.
We grant options to all of our employees because we recognize that everybody plays an integral role in our success; thus all employees should be invested in Sensor Tower (both figuratively and literally).
We offer unlimited PTO, Health and Wellness stipends, flexible work hours, 401K, team trips (white water rafting, Hawaii, and weekend Tahoe mansion trips to name a few), and more.
Our Covid-19 Specific benefits include: Stipend to set up your home office and/or gym, WiFi stipend, daily UberEats delivery stipend, and virtual team events.
Sensor Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.