Toronto, Ontario /
Engineering – Mobility Professional Services - Toronto /
How do you feel about meeting new challenges and becoming an agent of change in the telecommunications industry? You will join an energetic team designing, creating and improving a variety of solutions for our customers. We’re looking for a critical thinker that enjoys playing with new technologies, solving complex problems and confidently brings their unique voice and perspective to the table.
We are currently looking for a skilled, client-focused telecommunications engineer to join our Toronto office where you'll be working with a fantastic team on a variety of solutions for our customers. We’re looking for a critical thinker that enjoys playing with new technologies and confidently brings their unique voice and perspective to the table.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
You will take responsibility for the technical understanding of the customer requirements. You will work with our clients on planning, designing, implementing, testing, analyzing and supporting platforms and solutions in the mobile domain.
More specifically, you will:
- Perform site assessments of existing infrastructures/solutions and document as required.
- Review deliverables and documents to ensure compliance with company, client and industry standards.
- Support the delivery of the solution/completion of the project, to the customer as planned.
- Analyze information using various methods and tools to expose patterns in data.
- Detect and analyze data abnormalities, unexpected trends, escalate any concerns to key stakeholders, and resolve issues as they relate to mobile networking.
- Perform ongoing monitoring of service for continuous improvements.
- Assist in troubleshooting of networking and connectivity issues.
- Please note that this position will primarily be remote; however, you may be required to come on-site occasionally to our 180 John Street location and/or to customer sites within the GTA.
Must Have Skills/Experience:
- Basic LTE/5G mobile communication and components;
- Strong understanding of EPC/5GC components specifically related to policy;
- Experience and very comfortable working on UNIX/Linux operating systems;
- Snoop traces/packet captures and the ability to read them as well (Wireshark);
- Working knowledge regarding SQL & NoSQL Databases;
- Working knowledge about IP addressing, subnets, VLANs, IP networking;
- Experience working with APIs, working with REST, SOAP, JSON etc.;
- Familiar with scripting languages and automation tooling (shell scripting, Ansible etc.);
- Some experience using DevOps tooling and concepts (CI/CD, config management, automation etc.);
- Working knowledge about alarming and SNMP;
- Completely fluent in English language both written and verbal at a professional level (this is a client facing role); and
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent experience.
Nice to Have Skills/Experience:
- Experience with IMS components, protocols and call flows;
- Experience with Diameter as used in LTE/IMS;
- Basic knowledge about online/offline charging (OCS, CHF);
- Experience with VoLTE;
- Exposure to working with Iaas (OpenStack or public cloud - AWS, GCP);
- Basic understanding of containers (Docker) and container platforms (Kubernetes, OpenShift)
Sentaca offers a great benefits package including:
- Competitive Dental and Extended Health Care Plans (with 100% employer-paid premiums);
- Generous number of vacation days;
- Flexible working hours;
- Quarterly Office Socials;
- Quarterly Team Lunches;
- Monthly Lunch n' Learns (knowledge-sharing sessions);
- RRSP Plan (including a company % match);
- And a smart, fun team of people backing you up!
Diversity our Strength
Diversity spans across a range of differences including in experience and opportunity, and if you are unsure about your qualifications for this position, we still want to encourage you to apply. We are looking for candidates who have some experience, but we also know that not everyone has had a chance to demonstrate what they can do. What’s most important is that you have a curious mind, you’re a team player and you enjoy the challenge of a fast-paced environment and learning new technologies quickly.
Sentaca welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sentaca + IBM
Sentaca is an IBM subsidiary which has been acquired by IBM and will be integrated into the IBM organization. For our current positions Sentaca will be the hiring entity, however, by proceeding with this application you understand that Sentaca will share your personal information with IBM or other IBM subsidiaries involved in your recruitment process, wherever these are located. For more on how Sentaca will use and protect your personal information, please review our policy here. To learn how IBM protects your personal information, including the safeguards in case of cross-border data transfer, details are available here (for a French version of the policy please select the appropriate country and language from the drop-down on the page).
Background Check Required
Please note that due to the nature of the work we do in the telecommunications space, clearing a criminal record check is a condition of employment.