Senior Software Engineer
United States /
Engineering – Software Solutions - US /
How do you feel about meeting new challenges and becoming an agent of change in the telecommunications industry? You will join an energetic team designing, creating and improving a variety of solutions for our customers. We’re looking for a critical thinker that enjoys playing with new technologies, solving complex problems and confidently brings their unique voice and perspective to the table.
What You’ll Do
You will take responsibility for the technical understanding of our customers’ requirements. You will work with our clients on planning, designing, implementing and testing best-of-class solutions within the video content delivery ecosystem --- from streaming servers, to secure video transports, to high quality video playout on embedded devices such as digital set top boxes, over the top video dongles, and mobile platforms such as tables and smartphones.
In addition to pure video stream delivery and playout solutions, our team is involved in video and audio oriented solutions involving virtual and augmented reality (VR/AR), voice remote control (ASR/NLP) and “TV Everywhere” solutions (authenticate subscribers once, play entitled content everywhere).
Must Have Skills/Experience
- Experience with C/C++ or RUST programming.
- Experience in designing and implementing video service platform solutions in the video service provider domain.
- Complete understanding of the software development life cycle
- Proficient use of collaboration tools such as issue tracking and wikis (Confluence, JIRA)
- Experienced with Agile Methodologies
- Programming Languages and APIs: Audio/Video APIs (Broadcom Nexus, OpenMAX, Intel iSMD, etc.)
- Operating Systems (as a developer): Linux, Android, iOS, Windows
- Protocols: HLS, HDS, MPEG-DASH with MSE /EME, DRM (Open Content Decryption Module (OCDM) . Microsoft PlayReady, etc.)
- Platforms: Android TV (ATV), DTVKit (DVB), Nintendo Switch
- Tools and Techniques: Yocto, Gerrit, repo, Git, Eclipse
- Excellent problem solving skills, use of logic and ability to think outside the box when troubleshooting issues
- Deep understanding of testing, performance and tuning techniques and processes
- Fluent in English language, both written and verbal
Sentaca has been providing high quality advice, services and solutions to the mobile and telecommunications industry since 2000 and we have firmly established ourselves as a trusted partner to our clients. With our strong mobile services background as our base, we have recently begun building practice areas in the new and exciting areas around software solutions, cloud-based solutions, video and IoT! We are always on the lookout for bright, creative thinkers to join our small (but growing!) team. Preference is always given to individuals who thrive on playing with new technologies and learning about new trends - we want to know what inspires you, and we want you to share that passion for technology with our team! Come grow with us!
Diversity our Strength
Diversity spans across a range of differences including in experience and opportunity, and if you are unsure about your qualifications for this position, we still want to encourage you to apply. We are looking for candidates who have some experience, but we also know that not everyone has had a chance to demonstrate what they can do. What’s most important is that you have a curious mind, you’re a team player and you enjoy the challenge of a fast-paced environment and learning new technologies quickly.
Sentaca welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sentaca + IBM
Sentaca is an IBM subsidiary which has been acquired by IBM and will be integrated into the IBM organization. For our current positions Sentaca will be the hiring entity, however, by proceeding with this application you understand that Sentaca will share your personal information with IBM or other IBM subsidiaries involved in your recruitment process, wherever these are located. For more on how Sentaca will use and protect your personal information, please review our policy here. To learn how IBM protects your personal information, including the safeguards in case of cross-border data transfer, details are available here (for a French version of the policy please select the appropriate country and language from the drop-down on the page).
Background Check Required
Please note that due to the nature of the work we do in the telecommunications space, clearing a criminal record check is a condition of employment.