Scientist, T Cell Immunotherapy
South San Francisco, California
Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about the future of genetic circuit therapeutics and have the energy and boldness to thrive and grow in a dynamic and fast entrepreneurial environment.
Senti Bio is searching for a creative, experienced, and motivated Scientist with expertise in T cell immunology and molecular engineering strategies. Working in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment, you will drive the development of our programmable CAR-T platform (SUPRA) and other synthetic cellular immunotherapies to deliver robust and practical solutions with long-term commercial impact.
- Apply knowledge of structural biology, protein engineering principles and immunology to design and optimize applications of Senti's CAR-T platform technologies, as well as other therapeutic genetic circuits.
- Employ strategies for the genetic modification of cell lines and primary immune cells.
- Plan and execute in vitro functional assays using cellular immunological techniques, including ELISA, luminex, multi-color flow cytometry and in vitro immune cell assays.
- Work with scientists to establish in vivo murine models to test novel adoptive cell therapy approaches.
- Maintain familiarity with the relevant current literature and its application to CAR-T characterization and understanding.
- Coordinate tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization and planning.
- Interpret and effectively execute experiments in line with project timelines and goals.
- Play a key role in our synthetic biology team to improve efficiency, data management, and process improvement of the company’s scalable design-build-test-learn platform.
- Provide expert support for experiment design and assay development to the broader scientific team.
- Mentor research associates within the group in areas of technical expertise.
- PhD Degree in Immunology or related field with 2-5 years of post-grad experience, preferably in industry.
- Solid understanding of T cell biology required, with an immunotherapy background strongly preferred. Previous experience working with engineered T-cells and/or cancer immunology field desired.
- Working knowledge of genome editing and gene modulation techniques, deep sequencing techniques and/or viral vector design is preferred.
- Experience in ELISA, multi-color flow cytometry, human PBMC isolation, in vitro T cell activation, T cell phenotyping, cytotoxicity assays, proliferation, and cytokine/chemokine measurements.
- Experience in planning and execution of animal studies is preferred.
- Working knowledge of diverse molecular cloning techniques.
- Experience in mammalian synthetic biology is a plus, such as synthetic gene circuit design, modern DNA assembly strategies, protein design, and quantitative cell circuit characterization.
- Ability to trouble shoot and work independently on experimental design, execution and data analysis.
- Strong organizational skills and record keeping.
- Comfort in working in a highly interactive and vibrant environment and a passion for teamwork.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train and mentor research associates.
Senti Bio is the next generation therapeutics company that designs gene circuits and programs cells for tremendous therapeutic value. Our mission is to engineer an entirely new class of medicine that will transform people’s lives by curing the most challenging diseases. We are proud to count NEA, 8VC, Amgen Ventures, Pear Ventures, Lux Capital, Menlo Ventures, Allen & Company, Nest.Bio, Omega Funds, Goodman Capital, and LifeForce Capital among their investors. Senti Bio is based in South San Francisco, CA, USA.