Research Associate, T cell Immunotherapy
South San Francisco, California
Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about the future of genetic circuit therapeutics and have the energy and boldness to thrive and grow in a dynamic and fast entrepreneurial environment.
We are seeking talented candidates to contribute to our early stage oncology projects. A successful applicant will be comfortable performing high risk/high impact research, work collaboratively across various projects to meet milestones, and play a key role in building the culture of the company as it grows. Applicants should have current knowledge of flow cytometry and immunology, cell-based assays. Prior experience with in vitro T cell culture is required. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about the future of “smart therapeutics” and have the energy and boldness to thrive and grow in a dynamic and fast startup environment.
- Execute in vitro experiments using primary T cells and tumor cell lines.
- Generate modified T cells and characterize their phenotype and function in vitro.
- Support studies to assess efficacy of modified T cells in tumor models.
- Provide critical lab support and contribute to a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Design and perform experimental plans with minimal guidance, document laboratory procedures and analyze and record data.
- Present at group meetings and project team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or related discipline with 1-3 years of experience, or Master of Science degree with 0-2 years of experience in academic or industry setting.
- Experience in molecular biology, cellular biology, or immunology.
- Experience with phenotypic characterization of modified T cells is highly preferred.
- Direct experience with tissue culture of multiple cell lines, including primary cells.
- Experience with human T cell isolation, expansion and transduction with lentiviral vectors is preferred.
- Direct experience with in vitro assays for T-cell characterization including in vitro cytotoxicity, proliferation, and cytokine release.
- Working knowledge of multi-parametric flow analysis is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of software tools to support data analysis (e.g., Prism, FlowJo).
- A willingness to learn and adopt new experimental skills as needed is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Senti Bio is the next generation therapeutics company that designs gene circuits and programs cells for tremendous therapeutic value. Our mission is to engineer an entirely new class of medicine that will transform people’s lives by curing the most challenging diseases. We are proud to count NEA, 8VC, Amgen Ventures, Pear Ventures, Lux Capital, Menlo Ventures, Allen & Company, Nest.Bio, Omega Funds, Goodman Capital, and LifeForce Capital among their investors. Senti Bio is based in South San Francisco, CA, USA.