Analyst, Quality Control Microbiology
Alameda, CA /
Technical Operations Alameda /
Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the “intelligence” of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
This position is responsible for supporting the Quality Control Microbiology group in maintaining the cleanrooms for cGMP manufacturing of Cell & Gene Therapy clinical products.
- Perform Environmental Monitoring of ISO 5, 7 and 8 Cleanrooms which entails sampling and data review of viable surfaces, viable and non-viable air particulates in a GMP Manufacturing facility
- Performs Environmental and Personnel Monitoring during critical manufacturing processing steps
- Conduct bioburden testing on in-process and release drug product samples
- Conduct lot release testing (LAL, Mycoplasma, Sterility)
- Lead and perform microbiological method transfer and validation
- Lead laboratory and deviation investigations for environmental monitoring excursions and supporting QC equipment
- Author and revise microbiology SOPs, protocols and reports
- Compile and trend Environmental Monitoring data for reporting purposes
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Operations, Facilities, Supply Chain and QA to coordinate routine EM, changeover EM, and monitoring to support campaigns
- Bachelor's degree in science field with 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science field is preferred
- Experience in a GMP Environment is required
- Experience working in a Quality Control Environment is required
- Experience with Environmental Monitoring and testing (BioBurden, LAL, TOC, Conductivity, etc.) is required
Salary and Benefits:
- Base pay and stock options to be determined based on application qualifications with the aim of being competitive with similar roles in the area
- Significant growth opportunity as the company expands
- Empathetic, supportive and collaborative colleagues and work environment
Senti Bio is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: SNTI) gene circuit company headquartered in South San Francisco. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases using novel and unprecedented approaches.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Senti Bio. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse Senti Team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.