Software Engineer, Platform
SentiLink is building the future of identity verification in the United States. The existing ways to determine if somebody is who they claim to be are too clunky, ineffective, and expensive, but we believe strongly that the future will be 10x better.
We’ve had tremendous traction and are growing extremely quickly. Already our real-time APIs have helped verify hundreds of millions of identities, beginning with financial services. We’ve recently raised a $70M Series B round, led by Craft Ventures to rapidly scale our best in class products.We’ve earned coverage and awards from TechCrunch, CNBC, Bloomberg, Forbes, Business Insider, PYMNTS, American Banker, LendIt, and others. And we’ve even been a part of history--we were the first company to go live with the eCBSV and testified before the United States House of Representatives.
As a Software Engineer at SentiLink, you will build and enhance an API platform that powers our fraud detection products. You will work with product, engineering, and security teams across the company to deploy the features and underlying systems to make our products scalable, maintainable, and extremely secure. You need to have outstanding programming skills and are proficient in our technology stack or similar technologies and pick up new technologies quickly as we evolve.
Technologies: python, golang, postgreSQL, docker, AWS technologies (Lambda, RDS, Redshift, SNS/SQS), Kubernetes, Terraform
- Develop and operate scalable and resilient datastores and data processing infrastructures to meet business requirements
- Design, build, deliver, and maintain a suite of API-based decisioning products
- Build data pipelines to integrate various datasets that SentiLink receives on an ongoing basis
- Enable the data science team by ensuring data availability at scale and efficiencyPartner with product management to drive agile delivery of both existing and new offerings
- Ensure platform and services meet SLA requirements; on call rotation for production issues, along with the rest of engineering
- Develop functional subject matter expertise within various areas of identity fraud domain
- 2 + years of software product development experience
- Experience building backend architecture of large and high-scale APIs
- Experience with RDBMS (e.g. postgres) and ability to write efficient queries with optimal structures would be a plus.
- Experience in building and delivering enterprise class products
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, interpersonal skills and a sense of humor (enjoy the journey)
- Experience working in a scrum / Agile development environment
- Familiarity working in financial services is a big plus
- Work culture that gives you the time, space, and support required to build great things
- Awesome co-workers and cool team activities (go-karting, scuba diving, blacksmithing, etc.)
- Insurance (medical/dental/vision) for you and your dependents
- 401k with matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Follow Through.
- Deep Understanding.
- Whatever It Takes.
- Do Something Smart.