San Francisco, CA /
SentiLink combines data, human insights, and cutting edge machine learning techniques to combat point-of-application fraud in the U.S. financial system. In January 2020, SentiLink was listed by Business Insider as One of 47 Enterprise Startups to Bet Your Career On.
As a Data Scientist at SentiLink, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our core product: models that identify fraudsters and synthetic identities. You will also interface with teams across the company to research new types of fraud, develop new products, provide analysis to support different business needs (marketing, sales, risk operations), and productionalize insights and ensure their scalability. This is a full-stack data science role, involving model development, analysis, and writing production code.
Candidates should be interested in having end-to-end ownership and a fast-moving environment where deep domain understanding drives development and smart ideas drive our competitive advantage.
Our office is based in San Francisco but we allow remote work within the U.S.
Technologies: Python 3, PostgreSQL, and AWS infrastructure (EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift, etc.); other technologies at the company include Golang, Spark, and Docker
- Develop and maintain our fraud detection models through the full model development lifespan - from data acquisition decisions through featurization, focusing labeling resources, model training, experimentation, productionalization, and monitoring
- Research new types of fraud and develop new products around identity verification
- Write production-ready code that can be relied on for real-time decision making by our partners
- Design, perform, and present analyses that will inform data acquisition, product development, risk operations priorities, marketing, and sales efforts
- Work with engineering, risk operations, and data acquisitions to access necessary data, maintain data quality, and support data access
What we're looking for
- 3+ years relevant work experience and PhD or Master’s in a technical field or 5+ years relevant work experience
- Experience writing production code and tests
- People who generate creative ideas that provide our competitive advantage
- Ability to design, perform, and present thoughtful statistical analysis with business-changing implications
- Ability and desire to take initiative and follow projects through to completion
- Interest in developing deep domain expertise for product-focused work -- a background in fraud is not required, but willingness to learn is
- Bonus for familiarity with: fintech or adjacent industries; identity solutions; distributed computing frameworks; data engineering; AWS
- Work culture that gives you the time, space, and support required to build great things
- Awesome co-workers and cool team activities (go-karting, scuba diving, blacksmithing, etc.)
- Insurance (medical/dental/vision) for you and your dependents
- 401k with matching
- Unlimited PTO