Frontend Software Engineer
Palo Alto /
The internet is not a safe place. The moderation of abusive and harassing content has long been propped up by keyword filters and pattern matching, but the lion’s share of this work has always fallen to humans. Today, hundreds of thousands of people review the worst content the internet has to offer. Yet even as a multi-billion dollar industry content moderation industry has emerged, millions of people are abused, harassed, and attacked every day, across every digital platform.
At Sentropy, our mission is to make the internet safer. We’re reimagining how communities of any size can use technology to protect and improve the experiences of their users. Powered by cutting-edge machine learning technology and guided by our experience fighting fraud, terrorism, and human trafficking, Sentropy’s platform allows digital communities to gain quick access to data and intelligence that can enable proactive abuse detection and power content discovery to drive deeper user engagement.
Sentropy is a Series A company based in Palo Alto, CA. Our team is backed by a stable of top institutional investors, as well as founders and leaders of Reddit, Riot Games, OpenAI, Twitch, Twitter, and a former head of government. We’re making the most advanced technologies easily accessible to those safeguarding the internet, and we’re looking for people that are passionate about using technology to improve our society.
What you'll be working on
- Building a suite of tools to enhance the moderation efforts of our customers while also providing critical feedback loops to machine learning models
- Create beautiful, consistent, performant user interfaces and visualizations that allow our customers to discover, explore, and investigate trends across millions of interactions through predictable, reliable, and thoughtful interactions
- Collaborating with backend and infrastructure engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code that integrates with real-time data streams and API endpoints
- Brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Experience with CSS/SCSS/LESS, GraphQL or REST APIs, and your choice of design framework (bootstrap, etc.)
- Knowledge of best practices for writing testable and reusable code
- Familiarity with frontend testing frameworks, CI systems, static code analysis, bundlers (webpack, parcel)
- Prior mobile development experience is a bonus, but not required
- Experience working on enterprise SaaS products
What we offer
- Health care: we offer platinum-level medical, dental, and vision insurance, and cover 99% of premiums for employees and 95% of premiums for dependents
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
- Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided every Monday to Friday
- Up to $100 in reimbursement for personal health & wellness expenses each month
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly allowance for employee-sponsored events
- Unlimited access to two fully-stocked micro-kitchens
- On-site showers, car washes, and dry-cleaning pick-ups / drop-offs