Senior Machine Learning Engineer
The internet is not a safe place. The moderation of abusive and harassing content has long been propped up by keyword filters and pattern matching, but the lion’s share of this work has always fallen to humans. Today, hundreds of thousands of people review the worst content the internet has to offer. Yet even as a multi-billion dollar industry content moderation industry has emerged, millions of people are abused, harassed, and attacked every day, across every digital platform.
At Sentropy, our mission is to make the internet safer. We’re reimagining how communities of any size can use technology to protect and improve the experiences of their users. Powered by cutting-edge machine learning technology and guided by our experience fighting fraud, terrorism, and human trafficking, Sentropy’s platform allows digital communities to gain quick access to data and intelligence that can enable proactive abuse detection and power content discovery to drive deeper user engagement.
Sentropy is a Series A company based in Palo Alto, CA. Our team is backed by a stable of top institutional investors, as well as founders and leaders of Reddit, Riot Games, OpenAI, Twitch, Twitter, and a former head of state. We’re making the most advanced technologies easily accessible to those safeguarding the internet, and we’re looking for people that are passionate about using technology to improve our society.
Who you are
- You are passionate about applying machine learning techniques to products and enjoy the challenge of overcoming real-world constraints
- You keep up to date with the latest developments in machine learning and have a track record of applying them to your work
- You have an established track record of providing technical leadership among teammates
- You pay close attention to the quality of the product, data, and code you produce
- You have an insatiable appetite to debug and figure out why the thing you built does not work as expected
What you'll be working on
- Developing machine learning algorithms to power our ability to detect hate, harassment, and toxic behavior
- Building machine learning pipelines that run within modern computing environments (e.g. distributed clusters, GPU)
- Masters or PhD in computer science with a focus in Machine Learning, along with 5+ years equivalent work experience in the field
- Demonstrated record of building ML algorithms that run in production environments
- History of technical publications at top tier machine learning conferences
- Familiarity with one or more Deep Learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Torch, Keras)
- Experience with Python preferred
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews)
- Ability to succeed in a fast‐paced work environment
- Prior experience as a tech lead or engineering manager a plus