The internet is not a safe place. The moderation of abusive and harassing content has long been propped up by keyword filters and pattern matching, but the lion’s share of this work has always fallen to humans. Today, hundreds of thousands of people review the worst content the internet has to offer. Yet even as a multi-billion dollar industry content moderation industry has emerged, millions of people are abused, harassed, and attacked every day, across every digital platform.
At Sentropy, our mission is to make the internet safer. We’re reimagining how communities of any size can use technology to protect and improve the experiences of their users. Powered by cutting-edge machine learning technology and guided by our experience fighting fraud, terrorism, and human trafficking, Sentropy’s platform allows digital communities to gain quick access to data and intelligence that can enable proactive abuse detection and power content discovery to drive deeper user engagement.
Sentropy is a Series A company based in Palo Alto, CA. Our team is backed by a stable of top institutional investors, as well as founders and leaders of Reddit, Riot Games, OpenAI, Twitch, Twitter, and a former head of state. We’re making the most advanced technologies easily accessible to those safeguarding the internet, and we’re looking for people that are passionate about using technology to improve our society.
- Build out repeatable and codified cloud infrastructure for our API as well as our internal machine learning platform
- Lead and support data security and privacy initiatives
- Own reliability and monitoring processes, as well as logging and alerting infrastructure (on-call duties are spread throughout the entire engineering team)
- Support new cloud infrastructure for new feature work
- Manage release and deployment processes
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Experience working with Terraform (preferred), Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Experience building CI pipelines with GitlabCI, Jenkins, CircleCI, or another CI platform
- Well-versed in GCP, AWS, or Azure concepts and products
- Working knowledge of Python and bash scripting
- Bonus knowledge: Docker, Kubernetes, helm, Kafka, postgres