Content Marketing Manager
The internet is not a safe place. The moderation of abusive and harassing content has long been propped up by keyword filters and pattern matching, but the lion’s share of this work has always fallen to humans. Today, hundreds of thousands of people review the worst content the internet has to offer. Yet even as a multi-billion dollar industry content moderation industry has emerged, millions of people are abused, harassed, and attacked every day, across every digital platform.
At Sentropy, our mission is to make the internet safer. We’re reimagining how communities of any size can use technology to protect and improve the experiences of their users. Powered by cutting-edge machine learning technology and guided by our experience fighting fraud, terrorism, and human trafficking, Sentropy’s platform allows digital communities to gain quick access to data and intelligence that can enable proactive abuse detection and power content discovery to drive deeper user engagement.
Sentropy is a Series A company based in Palo Alto, CA. Our team is backed by a stable of top institutional investors, as well as founders and leaders of Reddit, Riot Games, OpenAI, Twitch, Twitter, and a former head of state. We’re making the most advanced technologies easily accessible to those safeguarding the internet, and we’re looking for people that are passionate about using technology to improve our society.
This is a contract-based position with opportunities for a full-time (onsite or remote) role.
Who you are
- You're a recent college graduate, a current master's student, a full-time professional looking for new contract-based engagements.
- You are a strong writer that can demonstrate an aptitude for storytelling and creating sticky content.
- You’re excited by the entire content generation process: ideation, research, writing, editing, and all the collaboration that comes with it.
- You want to learn about anything and everything, especially topics that are complex or multi-faceted. You're as interested in writing about free speech on the internet as you are in writing about machine learning.
- You're creative. You understand that the form of content can be as impactful as the content itself.
- You're a stickler for detail, and no draft is sacred. You rewrite introductions until they don't resemble their former selves, obsessively check for unnecessary words, and welcome editing feedback.
- Sentropy’s mission resonates with you, and you're a believer that technology can, and should, be used to create a better world.
What you'll be working on
- Generate content to use in our customer interactions and on our website, blog, newsletter, and social media.
- Brainstorm, identify, pitch, and collaborate on new topics to help grow readership.
- Help identify new content channels for us to distribute our visual and written content.
- Edit the writing of fellow editorial team members.
- Create, maintain, and optimize all the systems and processes that drive the content engine: editorial calendars, content inventories, analytics, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, English, Creative Writing, or related field. Or you can show us you're a really good writer.
- Highly organized and able to juggle several projects/assignments at the same time.
- The ability to adapt your writing style to fit our corporate brand and tone.
- An established track record in creating successful marketing content from start to finish, including researching and organizing facts and sources.
- Experience writing about any of the following areas: enterprise SaaS; artificial intelligence or machine learning; Trust & Safety; content moderation
- Working knowledge of analytics tools
What we offer
- Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided every Monday to Friday
- Monthly allowance for employee-sponsored events
- Unlimited access to two fully-stocked micro-kitchens
- On-site showers, car washes, and dry-cleaning pick-ups / drop-offs