Technical Program Manager
The internet is not a safe place. The moderation of abusive and harassing content has long been propped up by keyword filters and pattern matching, but the lion’s share of this work has always fallen to humans. Today, hundreds of thousands of people review the worst content the internet has to offer. Yet even as a multi-billion dollar industry content moderation industry has emerged, millions of people are abused, harassed, and attacked every day, across every digital platform.
At Sentropy, our mission is to make the internet safer. We’re reimagining how communities of any size can use technology to protect and improve the experiences of their users. Powered by cutting-edge machine learning technology and guided by our experience fighting fraud, terrorism, and human trafficking, Sentropy’s platform allows digital communities to gain quick access to data and intelligence that can enable proactive abuse detection and power content discovery to drive deeper user engagement.
Sentropy is a Series A company based in Palo Alto, CA. Our team is backed by a stable of top institutional investors, as well as founders and leaders of Reddit, Riot Games, OpenAI, Twitch, Twitter, and a former head of state. We’re making the most advanced technologies easily accessible to those safeguarding the internet, and we’re looking for people that are passionate about using technology to improve our society.
What you'll be working on
- Build and maintain project timelines and plans
- Create communication artifacts to ensure the company is operating from recent and accurate information
- Identify decisions required to move a project forward, determine the decision makers, and ensure decisions are made promptly
- Consult with engineers on planning processes to improve delivery, including sprint planning to retrospectives, with an eye towards productivity and unity
- At least 2 years experience with planning and project management within an engineering team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers and identify technical risks
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; experience managing cross team projects
- Experience with agile product development practices and principles
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others; can effectively cope with change
What we offer
- Health care: we offer platinum-level medical, dental, and vision insurance, and cover 99% of premiums for employees and 95% of premiums for dependents
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
- Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided every Monday to Friday
- Up to $100 in reimbursement for personal health & wellness expenses each month
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly allowance for employee-sponsored events
- Unlimited access to two fully-stocked micro-kitchens
- On-site showers, car washes, and dry-cleaning pick-ups / drop-offs