Tech Support Manager
San Mateo, CA /
Sequoia Consulting Group – Technology /
At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. We are a tech-enabled consulting and services company helping employers unlock the full potential of their workforce.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive every day to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
The Technical Support Manager will manage a team to provide Level 1 & 2 enterprise/technical support for our global clients and their employees for our enterprise software applications and mobile apps. The team manager will build processes, and systems to manage a end-to-end support process. The Technical Support Manager and his/her team will work closely with Product Development, Client Service teams, and Data teams to ensure customer satisfaction of Sequoia customers. The successful candidate will have experience growing a distributed customer support team for a software product. We are looking for strong customer service skills, a technical background and 3+ years managing support teams.
What You'll Get To Do
- Manage and build a team of customer support people, leading process development, technical support system development and escalation processes
- Liaise with Sequoia Development and Product teams on issues that cannot be readily resolved at first contact
- Identify recurring issues, perform root cause analysis, and provide suggestions to Engineering & Product teams
- Ensure that tickets are followed up on, kept up to date, and properly closed to ensure adherence
- Measure, report on and drive team to meet SLAs for customer support
- Assist in product testing and research
What You'll Need
- Exceptional ability to troubleshoot technical problems on web platforms as well as iOS and Android platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills
- 3+ years support team management experience
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and work calmly and professionally under pressure
- Logical approach to troubleshooting, including good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with helpdesk ticket/logging tools, e.g. Salesforce, Service Cloud, and Jira
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- HR, Employee Benefits, SaaS Industry experience in a firm or as a vendor will speed your ramp-up time
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset
Passion for service
Caring for others
Focused on relationship building
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching and profit sharing programs.