Client Service Consultant, Benefits
San Mateo, CA /
Sequoia Consulting Group – Client Service, Benefits /
At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. We are a tech-enabled consulting and services company helping employers unlock the full potential of their workforce.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive every day to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
The Client Service Consultant leads the client relationship and is responsible for strategic development and benefits consulting for Sequoia’s largest clients.
What You Get To Do
- Build trusted relationships with our clients through strategic guidance, service excellence and elevated employee experience with our clients’ senior executives
- Thought leadership, strategic analysis and consulting expertise for our clients’ total rewards programs
- Dig into client cost drivers and make recommendations based on our client’s unique goals and objectives
- Be a benefits expert, but also work closely with the Sequoia team on global benefits, 401k, risk management and HRIS/ Benefits administration to be a trusted advisor to our clients
- Serve as the senior mentor for the client team (client service manager, analyst, operations coordinator, operations manager, financial consultant)
- Work on complex client initiatives and provide innovative and effective solutions for our clients and for our Sequoia Enterprise team
- Work closely with Sequoia’s client service managers to help execute and plan for day-to-day execution and implementation
- Work closely with Sequoia’s analysts and financial consultants in understanding costs, utilization and key metrics to help our clients get the most of their program spend
- Be an integral part of shaping, growing and scaling our Enterprise team
- Provide training, support and guidance to Sequoia team members
- 7+ years of employee benefits and client service experience
- Ability to build trust quickly and consistently with our clients and Sequoia team members
- Ability to comfortably provide and present recommendations to executives
- Solutions-oriented team player who is accountable for results
- Detail and process-oriented thinker with strong analytical skills
- Ability to understand client needs and deliver results under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree required
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset
Passion for service
Caring for others
Focused on relationship building
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching and profit sharing programs.