Client Analyst, SMB
San Mateo, CA
Sequoia Consulting Group – Analysts
At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. Through a blend of guidance, service and technology, we are revolutionizing the way employee benefits, 401(k), insurance and HR are experienced by companies and their people.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive everyday to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
The Client Analyst is a client-facing role working with finance and HR professionals at many of the most exciting companies on the planet. You will be partnering with the Sales and Client Service teams during the benefits lifecycle to provide actionable data and insights to shape the future of these clients. Our Client Analysts put together renewal and financial analyses, identify trends in the data and actionable recommendations to help clients see around corners. You need to be a well-organized, solutions driven individual who thrives in keeping up with the demands of our clients.
What you get to do
- Perform financial analyses, design employee contribution strategies and model plan design alternatives for our SMB clients (typically under 150 employees)
- Conduct benchmarking studies and other research; provide value added analyses and summaries
- Design reports, such as: claims reporting, client benchmarking, benefit cost analysis, enrollment overviews, plan comparisons and merger analysis
- Meet with our client’s financial and HR professionals to discuss insights and recommendations
- Be the subject matter expert on carrier trends and offerings
- Increase efficiency within client teams by identifying ways to improve processes
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, carriers and clients
- Analyze and package carrier quotes to support the client renewal
- Communicate and liaise effectively with client team members and clients regarding data collection and project execution
- 2+ years of experience working with data analyses
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong time and project management skills with high attention to detail in a deadline-driven environment
- Proactive by nature and accountable for results
- Ability to interface cross-departmentally and with external clients and partners
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Prior experience working in financial services, consulting or healthcare desired
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
• Meaningful & Fun
What can we offer?
Competitive salary + performance-based bonus programs
Great health insurance + wellbeing package
401k retirement savings plan