Payroll Specialist (Sequoia One)
Sequoia One – Payroll
At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. Through a blend of guidance, service and technology, we are revolutionizing the way employee benefits, 401(k), insurance and HR are experienced by companies and their people.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive everyday to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
What Does the Role Entail?
The Payroll Specialist is at the center of Sequoia One’s operations, and an ongoing point of contact for our clients. You will be working with multiple clients to process data and deliver accurate and timely payroll.
What You'll Do
- Process accurate payrolls in accordance to specified deadlines
- Maintain payroll data (client and employee level)
- Interface with clients internally and externally to assist with inquires and resolve any issues
- Work with various vendors (time and attendance, payroll/HRIS)
- Maintain and create document process workflows
- Assist with quarter and year-end activities (returns and W-2 filing)
- Represent Sequoia’s client service commandments to come through for our clients at all times
- Report back to management team on program implementations, and status of defined accountability metrics
- Some travel required
What You'll Need
- 3-5 years of payroll experience (multi-client payroll processing a plus)
- Positive credit report required
- Knowledge and experience with multi-state payroll processing
- Solid understanding of payroll concepts
- Knowledge and experience with involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments
- Ability to document and create standard operating procedures
- Strong initiative and self-motivation to learn quickly, and perform proactively
- Detail oriented and analytically driven
- Ability to work and adhere to strict deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and have the ability to multitask and follow through
- Strong ability to analyze and report data in Excel
- Passion and commitment to exceptional client service
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
• Meaningful & Fun
What can we offer?
Competitive salary + performance-based bonus programs
Great health insurance + wellbeing package
401k retirement savings plan