Director, Salesforce Solutions
San Mateo, CA
Sequoia is looking for an innovative, action-oriented, and results-driven Director, Salesforce Solutions who can manage and grow a fast-paced team of Salesforce administrators and developers to deliver high value Salesforce based solutions for a complex portfolio of initiatives. You will be a key leader who defines the architecture and strategy for a set of solutions required to support end-to-end client facing and internal processes. As a member of Sequoia’s leadership team, you will be responsible for your organization’s strategic direction, operational execution, and delivery against expected performance metrics.
As the Director, Salesforce Solutions, you will be responsible for designing and implementing Salesforce based solutions that are mission critical to the operation and delivery of Sequoia’s industry leading offerings. You will work closely with a variety of product leaders, application developers, business unit managers, and client-facing teams across the organization to analyze requirements and propose solutions that will support the expected outcome. You will create and maintain the road map of future deliverables for various stakeholders, and you’ll work with leaders to prioritize initiatives and resources in a way that optimizes for desired outcomes.
A successful candidate will bring strong analytical, written, oral, and consulting skills as well as the ability to articulate and document technical solutions. You will demonstrate extraordinary passion for delivering the best results for your internal and external clients and for building a scalable, high performing organization. Sequoia’s clients include many of the best-known and fastest growing technology brands in the world, and they expect the highest level of professionalism, innovation, and value.
What You Get To Do
- Strategic Planning: Participate in strategic planning sessions led by the product teams and the business teams that will inform the development of our Salesforce platform architecture and roadmap.
- Team Management: Oversee the design, development, and implementation of Salesforce solutions, frameworks, and standards with a team of Salesforce administrators, architects, analysts, and project managers.
- Hire, ramp, and manage performance to drive employee development and maximize team retention.
- Build, develop, and retain a high performing team that delivers positive contributions to the company.
- Requirements Definition: Partner with business analysts, product leaders, client operations, and other teams to understand requirements and translate them into high quality technical solutions.
- Systems Design: Specify and design solutions across business areas or systems in Salesforce. Evaluate and undertake impact analysis on major design options and assess risk.
- Solution Architecture: Define, maintain, and manage architecture models, frameworks, and artifacts.
- Business Process Improvement: Analyze cross-functional business processes, identify alternative solutions, assess feasibility, and recommend new approaches.
- Project Prioritization and Roadmap: Work with technical and business leaders to define and review the roadmap of future solutions. Lead the organization to prioritize and allocate resources to optimize results.
- Data Analysis: Understand the data flow into and out of Sequoia systems that support client-facing and internal operations. Apply appropriate data analysis, data modeling, and quality assurance techniques.
- Reporting and Metrics: Design and execute Sequoia’s strategy to report on KPIs and business performance through Salesforce. Enable business and technical leaders to make informed data-driven decisions.
- 10+ years relevant experience with at least 5+ of those delivering/architecting solutions on force.com
- 5+ years of team management with demonstrated experience providing coaching and development
- Proficient in communicating and driving information technology solutions that support business objectives
- Executive presence and confidence in communicating with technical, business, and C-level stakeholders
- Strategic approach with demonstrated ability to apply architectural disciplines to solve business problems
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and able to shift directions quickly when priorities change
- Experienced change agent with ability to drive process improvement in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong record of professional achievements with a track record of delighted internal and external clients
- Experience hiring and developing a team of high performing, passionate professionals
- Strong communication and collaboration skills plus the ability to work with both technical & business stakeholders
- Data-driven, superb organization skills, and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience working with ERP, HRIS, and/or benefit admin solutions is a strong plus
- Multiple Salesforce certifications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, or related program is preferred
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset:
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
Compensation & Benefits
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching.