San Mateo, CA /
Sequoia Consulting Group – Technology /
At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. We are a tech-enabled consulting and services company helping employers unlock the full potential of their workforce.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive every day to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
As a DevOps manager, you will be responsible for designing and managing all software source code, configuration management, build and deployment processes throughout the development and delivery lifecycle. The DevOps manager will develop and maintain application tools that build, deploy, automate and streamline the product delivery processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong software development background with a solid understanding of underlying systems and technologies. You have a passion for programming and automation, but can also think of the business needs and where and how you can utilize your skills to help improve the current state of our infrastructure and fulfill those needs. You have the soft skills to work with business owners and end users. You will perform other duties as assigned.
What You'll Get to Do
- Manage and expand the DevOps team.
- Mentor engineers and ensure their professional growth.
- Implement best practices for monitoring, alarming, and escalating production issues.
- Propose and evaluate new technologies for increased reliability and automation.
- Manage AWS infrastructure, automating and reporting.
- Create automated deployment process and systems.
- Enable automated resource and security audits.
- Monitor & manage analytics of systems and applications
- Manage communications with technical and non-technical personnel regarding system status and metrics.
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of management experience
- 6+ years of DevOps experience
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle (requirements gathering, design, implementing, testing, production support)
- Good understanding of systems, networking and development tools (Maven, iOS and Android development)
- Passion for automation and actively look for opportunities to develop tools to streamline and simplify the development and delivery process
- Working knowledge of AWS services. We currently use AWS VPC, EC2, S3, Route 53, IAM, Elastic Beanstalk, Elasticache, RDS, CodeDeploy, CloudWatch, SNS and SES.
- Experience with managing AWS security and setting up Autoscaling in EC2.
- Experience with at-least one of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins.
- Know at least one configuration management system, which needs to be introduced.
- Experience in the use of VMs and containers. We use AWS, vSphere, and Docker and are trying to automate those more and more.
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum and User Stories
- Ability to maintain workload in a face past environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Excellent communications (written and verbal) and problem-solving skills
- Higher level critical thinking and problem solving appetite
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset
Passion for service
Caring for others
Focused on relationship building
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching and profit sharing programs.