Application Support Engineer
San Mateo, CA
The Application Support Engineer will provide Level 1 & 2 enterprise/technical support from our San Mateo office. This is a frontline role at Sequoia and will work closely with application users by troubleshooting software issues and helping achieve a quick resolution. In addition, the Application Support Engineer will work closely with Sequoia’s Employee Advocates, Client Operation Managers, Engineering, and Data Analysts to ensure a smooth experience for Sequoia Mobile users with a consistent focus on customer satisfaction. Candidates must have strong customer service skills and a technical background.
What You Get To Do
- Be the first point of contact for support queries from named contacts at client sites
- Prioritize, investigate, diagnose, and resolve issues related to Sequoia Mobile services
- Liaise with Sequoia Development and Product teams on issues that cannot be readily resolved at first contact
- Read and interpret logs, and use log analyzers like Splunk, Cloudwatch, etc.
- Identify recurring issues, perform root cause analysis, and provide suggestions to Engineering & Product teams.
- Ensure that tickets are followed up on, kept up-to-date, and properly closed to ensure adherence with SLAs
- Assist engineers with implementations of Sequoia Services by acting as a conduit to Development Operations
- Assist in product testing and research
- Exceptional ability to troubleshoot technical problems on iOS and Android platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills
- Ability to deal with difficult callers and work calmly and professionally under pressure
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ relevant experience in customer services and/or technical support in one of the following fields: HR & employee benefits firm or vendor, technology, software, collaboration or unified communications technology
- Logical approach to troubleshooting, including good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good record keeping abilities – accurate and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Experience with helpdesk ticket/logging tools (JIRA experience beneficial)
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Proactive and driven working style with the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently, and independently
- BS in computer science or a related field is preferred
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset:
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
Compensation & Benefits
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching.