San Mateo, CA
The Senior Accountant provides support to the Director, Finance in all financial activities, including financial analyses, periodic financial reporting and major variance analysis, cash management, external audits, tax handling functions, and preparation of forecasts and budgets. This is a hands-on role responsible for general accounting, reconciliations, accounts receivable/payable, and monthly close process for multiple business entities. Provide functional, technical, and process leadership.
What You Get To Do
- Manage and perform general ledger transactions, monthly accrual schedules, and month-end closing process
- Perform month end Bank Reconciliations
- Maintain and reconcile fixed assets, deferred rent, and prepaid schedules
- Assist the Finance team with analysis and monthly financial reporting to management
- Assist with budgets, financial forecasts, and report variances with analysis
- Maintains the Company’s accounting principles, practices, procedures, and internal controls (implementing, monitoring, enhancing).
- Prepare accurate tax and audit support schedules for outside accounting firm
- Work independently and within a team on special, nonrecurring, and ongoing projects. Act as project manager for special projects, at the request of team members.
- Improve systems and procedures ad initiate corrective actions
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Accounting & Finance, CPA highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Full cycle accounting experience
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills, including high proficiency with Excel
- Hands-on, team player who possesses a can-do attitude
- Attention to detail and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work and lead project teams through project management
- Insurance industry and Property & Casualty experience is highly desirable
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite, and Concur is highly desirable
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset:
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
Compensation & Benefits
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching.