Business Intelligence Analyst
San Mateo, CA /
Sequoia Consulting Group – Technology /
At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. We are a tech-enabled consulting and services company helping employers unlock the full potential of their workforce.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive every day to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
What Does the Role Entail?
As an integral member of our Business Intelligence and Analytics Team, the Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for providing the best quality in our datasets by: determining data relationships and lineage, translating business model to data model, testing data in EDW and OLTP in MySQL and Snowflake environments, looking into datasets built by ETL processes, as well as testing data presented in Sisense reports.
What You'll Do
- Work with complex data sets to analyze potential data issues and look for patterns
- Document relationships and translate business rules to data rules
- Drive organization-wide data quality methodologies
- Assess and improve current processes and recommend changes as needed
- Be able to perform manual data quality testing as requested in business requirements
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including discovery, analysis, requirements definition, solution design, configuration, code development, testing, deployment, and support
- Create clear and concise functional and technical specifications, diagrams, and other documentation
What You'll Need
- 5+ years' experience in data profiling and data analytics fields with concentration on data analysis, data manipulations, or reporting
- Advanced working knowledge and ability to write complex SQL queries
- Extensive hands-on experience working with large data sets, analytics by using SQL (or Python)
- Ability to clearly state the data quality issues and ways of improvement
- Be a consummate collaborator, able to establish good relationships with technical, product, and business owners
- Be a champion of quality, able to QA and vouch for the integrity of the report output
- Ability to maintain business partner engagement and setting expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Healthcare specific business intelligence (informatics) including population health management from a payer perspective
- Understand concepts of data warehousing and statistics
- Understand various data extraction and transformation techniques with data sourced in MySQL and Snowflake
- Working familiarity with Salesforce (SFDC)
- Familiarity with data visualization standard methodologies
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset
Passion for service
Caring for others
Focused on relationship building
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching and profit sharing programs.