Technical Support Engineer
San Mateo, CA
The Technical Support Engineer will provide Level 1 & 2 enterprise/technical support for our Sequoia Mobile App from our San Mateo office. This is a front-line role at Sequoia and will work closely with application users by troubleshooting mobile app issues and helping achieve a quick resolution. In addition, the Technical Support Engineer will work closely with the Advocates, Client Operation Managers, Engineering, and Data teams to ensure the successful experience of Sequoia mobile users with a consistent focus on customer satisfaction. Candidates must have strong customer service skills and a technical background.
What You Get To Do
- Be the first point of contact in dealing with Sequoia Mobile App support queries via named contacts at client sites
- Prioritize, investigate, diagnose, and resolve issues related to Sequoia Mobile services
- Liaise with Sequoia Development and Product teams on issues that cannot be readily resolved at first contact
- Read and interpret logs, ad-hoc, and use log analyzers like Splunk, Cloudwatch, etc.
- Identify recurring issues, perform root cause analysis, and provide suggestions to Engineering & Product teams.
- Ensure that tickets are followed up on, kept up to date, and properly closed to ensure adherence with SLAs
- Assist engineers with implementations of Sequoia Services by acting as a conduit to Development Operations
- Assist in product testing and research
- Exceptional ability to troubleshoot technical problems on iOS and Android platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills
- Ability to deal with difficult callers and work calmly and professionally under pressure
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ relevant experience in customer services and/or technical support in one of the following fields: HR & employee benefits firm or vendor, technology, software, collaboration or unified communications technology
- Logical approach to troubleshooting, including good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good accurate record keeping abilities – detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Experience with helpdesk ticket/logging tools (JIRA experience beneficial)
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Proactive and driven working style with the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently, and independently
- BS in computer science or a related field is preferred
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset:
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
Compensation & Benefits
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching.