Marketing Events Coordinator
San Mateo, CA
Sequoia Consulting Group – Marketing
At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. Through a blend of guidance, service and technology, we are revolutionizing the way employee benefits, 401(k), insurance and HR are experienced by companies and their people.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive everyday to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
Sequoia helps companies get the most out of their people, so they can get most out of their business. As one of the largest independent health benefits firms in the country, our heritage is grounded in serving the world’s most innovative high-tech businesses – companies with unique needs, hyper growth potential, and continuously evolving business priorities. We have a passion for delivering extraordinary client service and innovating ahead of the market to serve our clients with progressive solutions. Our company mission boils down to this: we come through for people who put their trust in us. At Sequoia, we take pride in making the complex simple, doing things right, and building an incredible community among our clients.
About the role:
The Marketing Events Coordinator will directly support a Sequoia brand experience through the lifecycle of a variety of events including international and domestic conferences, thought-leadership panel discussions, company celebrations, and client dinners. You’ll work alongside the Marketing Events Manager to conceptualize, plan, and execute all events in markets like the Bay Area, NYC, and Arizona.
What you get to do
- Support event marketing planning and execution for 50+ Sequoia events annually
- Gain a strong understanding of Marketo, Salesforce, and Instapage to drive promotion of events
- Work with the client loyalty program and brand merchandising
- Capture and develop digital content to be shared on Sequoia’s blog and social media platforms
- Interact with Sales, Client Service, and Client Consultant team members around event support and follow-up
- Support the Marketing Team on any additional special projects
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce quality results in a deadline-driven environment
- Proactive thinker who is accountable and reliable
- Familiarity with social media channels and methods
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience using Salesforce and Outlook is preferred
- Passionate about service and able to interface cross-departmentally as well as with carrier contacts, vendors, and clients
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
• Meaningful & Fun
What can we offer?
Competitive salary + performance-based bonus programs
Great health insurance + wellbeing package
401k retirement savings plan