San Mateo, CA /
Sequoia Consulting Group – Finance /
At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. We are a tech-enabled consulting and services company helping employers unlock the full potential of their workforce.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive every day to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
About The Role
The Controller will join the Sequoia team at an exciting time as we continue to transform our industry. Reporting to the VP, Finance and working with the Leadership team, the Controller will provide leadership and hands-on coordination around the Company’s financial reporting, budgeting and planning, and financial systems. The Controller will work closely with and oversee the accounting team, which is responsible for excellence in accounting, treasury, payroll, and internal control matters.
What You Get To Do
- Preparing the company’s consolidated financial statements
- Supervising the activities of all the accounting staff (A/P, A/R, Payroll)
- Overseeing month-end and year-end closing processes including coordinating with and assigning duties to the accounting staff as needed to achieve the current close timeline
- Maintain NetSuite accounting software to ensure the proper, complete, and accurate record-keeping of the company’s accounting transactions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Forecast cash needs and own treasury operations
- Improve close processes, cycle times and accuracy
- Work with finance leadership on improving processes around operational aspects of finance including A/P, A/R, and BvA reporting
- Work with external audit on annual reports and tax firms on all compliance and reporting matters
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
What You Need
- 10+ years of financial experience with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership, including in financial planning and analysis, budget management, and operational finance
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in an entrepreneurial work environment
- Proactive and performance/metric-driven
- An analytical and innovative mindset offering creative concepts and ideas
- The ability to develop effective working relationships and partnerships
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to develop and implement a long-term strategic plan
- A high degree of knowledge in utilizing NetSuite or similar ERP systems
- CPA or equivalent work experience required
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in a finance-related field, MBA preferred
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset
Passion for service
Caring for others
Focused on relationship building
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching and profit sharing programs.