San Mateo, CA /
Sequoia Consulting Group – Finance /
At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. We are a tech-enabled consulting and services company helping employers unlock the full potential of their workforce.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive every day to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
The FP&A Manager will join the Sequoia team at an exciting time as we continue to transform our industry. This hands-on and seasoned finance professional in partnership with the VP of Finance will develop and drive Sequoia’s FP&A strategy and provide key insights to help drive business decisions. By working closely with Sequoia’s Leadership Team, this person will continually refine the financial planning, analysis and business reporting function within our fast-paced and growing organization, implementing newer and better processes, systems, controls, and insights along the way.
What You Get To Do
- Hands-on and strategic management of planning and forecasting activities
- Partner with Finance Team and business leaders to establish budgets and build forecasts
- Analyze past and present financial trends and proactively collaborate with department leaders to develop forecasts for future opportunities and investment
- Drive and manage key metrics, dashboards, and planning process excellence
- Lead monthly and quarterly financial reviews and serve as a trusted business advisor for Leadership Team
- Optimize FP&A process and reporting functionality in Adaptive Planning and other finance systems/tools
- Own and drive projects such as P&L analysis and assessing the strategic implications of potential program or business enhancements
- Educate business leaders and other Finance Team members on budget and financial planning excellence
- 7 – 10+ years of progressive experience in FP&A/Finance
- Experience in both large, well-run public companies and smaller, high-growth companies is desired
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance and basic understanding of GAAP accounting principles required; MBA preferred
- Strong analytical skills, efficient, hands-on, self-motivated with the ability to follow through and implement process improvement
- Organized and detail-oriented; Ability to work in situations with changing priorities and multiple simultaneous assignments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to maintain a professional and collaborative relationship with all levels of the organization
- Strong/Advanced MS Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Experience with Adaptive Planning is a must, while Salesforce and Netsuite is a plus
- Experience with payroll and benefits administration, PEO, or insurance is a plus
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset
Passion for service
Caring for others
Focused on relationship building
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching and profit sharing programs.