Senior Corporate Counsel
Sequoia Consulting Group – Legal
The Senior Corporate Counsel will join the Sequoia team at an exciting time as we continue to transform our industry. By working closely with the legal, sales and technology groups, the Senior Corporate Counsel will play a critical role in both revenue-producing activities and establishing technology partnerships as Sequoia continues to expand its portfolio of technology products and professional services in addition to the company’s core consulting services. The successful candidate will have strong legal technical skills coupled with a business-orientation and track record in working closely with sales, services and/or technology functions either at a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department.
What You Get To Do
- Serving as the primary partner with sales to successfully conclude transactions while protecting the company within legal guidelines.
- Developing a thorough understanding of Sequoia’s business, products, markets, clients and partners to more effectively represent Sequoia and to identify trends to continuously improve transactional processes.
- Independently leading critical legal transactions and negotiations, which can be complex.
- Innovating a wide range of complex, value added transactional legal documents as Sequoia rapidly expands its technology products and services, which will include: client-facing revenue agreements; new partner program and other network contract sets; professional services agreements, maintenance programs and other technology and services agreements.
- Analyzing contract terms and conditions, requirements and special provisions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws and corporate policies
- Advising product teams on appropriate commercial structure for new product offerings.
- Depending on background and interest, potentially providing overall leadership for intellectual property asset development and/or IP and privacy protection.
- Promote a creative and highly-efficient transaction legal transactional capability.
- Four to six years of corporate or technology transaction legal experience, with some time spent working at a top-tier law firm and then in-house.
- Able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in an entrepreneurial, fast pace work environment.
- Highly proactive and able to think through and resolve complex issues in creative, effective manner.
- Proven team player and consensus builder that takes a business approach to law; experience in working effectively with sales teams is a significant plus.
- Flexible self-starter and proactive problem solver who can work autonomously and handle significant client contact.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are essential. Ability to clearly present information, in writing and orally, respond to questions from executives, managers, clients, and other team members with focus on client service is a fundamental requirement for the role.
- Requires J.D. from a top law school
- Inherent ability to act with the highest integrity and professionalism.
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset:
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
Compensation & Benefits
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching.